Did I Just Fry my Electrical System?

D52

This afternoon I was installing my MotoDynamics integrated tail light and fender eliminator. Connected the main 3 wires (red, white, black) for the tail light, turned the bike on, everything working fine. Went in the house real quick, came back out, totally forgot about the sub-harness and connected the 2 remaining copper wires to the 2 stock connectors that I believe control the white plate light. Went and turned the bike on, while simultaneously looking up at the workbench and saw the sub-harness. Whoops.

Turned the bike off and connected everything properly, nothing works.

Unconnected and reconnected everything, nothing works.

Reconnected all stock equipment, nothing works.

So... did I just fry my electrical system? I claim no expertise in wiring. The only other thing I can think of is a bad connection further down the line, but that seems unlikely as I didn't touch anything else, and the integrated tail light worked just fine initially before I made the incorrect connection. Anyone have any suggestions at this point?

D52

Yeah, it was a fuse. I think I just need to slow down and think before I act, lol.
Thanks for the help.

Swordfish

We have the same bike, and check my post history we did the same thing. Let me know if you have any questions. Mine was a cheap Chinese knock off of the Motodynamic and it was not plug and play at all.

jarshie

Fyi, you'll know it when you fry wires... Typically occurs when a flame and plume of smoke are moving fast... and all you can think is "oh ****, oh ****, oh ****"