Demo'd Triumph Street Triple R Today

R

rsw81

All I have to say is WOW. This bike has reasonably similar urgo's as the FZ in that it has taller risers and rear sets that are not pushed too far back. The riding position was very comfortable I suppose is what I'm getting at. The center of gravity is much lower than the FZ which made turn-in much nicer. The gauges are much easier to read than the FZ with an analog tach (I had the digital one on my FZ) and it has a GEAR INDICATOR!

I know what you guys are thinking: "What about the power Hebrew Hammer?" This motor is amazing. So much low end torque right from idle and the power kept coming into redline. Truly amazing. And the sound. OMG did it sound amazing. All triumph triples have this characteristic gear whine that sounds pretty awesome to me. This particular demo bike had an Arrow exhaust on it that was pretty cool sounding. Probably not the pipe I'd get on the bike since it took an underseat pipe and replaces it with a side-can. I prefer underseat for the more symmetrical look.

All in all, a very comfortable and fast bike that was very easy to get used to within a minutes or two of riding it. Certainly a good alternative to the FZ or even a nice upgrade in my opinion.:thumbup:

Thank you Wavex and Cali Rider for coming out, this was a fun day for me.

~Rob

K

kellybt1052

I have been thinking about a 675 as a track bike and have read nothing but good things about this engine!! SOunds like the engine is all that is advertised. Thanks for the review.

P

PowellB

Did you demo it at the OC OTD cycle-sports event?

I really wanted to check it out, but got home from my night gig late that morning and decided to sleep instead :(

Thanks for the riding impressions, that bike has been in my fantasy garage for a while now, but I still haven't ridden one.

Wavex

Had a great time too Rob!

Here is Rob on his future toy (it fits you like a glove!!!):

and me (they didn't have anything else available to ride at that time... that Scrambler was quite a lot of fun to cruise around though):

S

staticghost

Nice Rob. I see you have actually had a chance to test out before you buy. It's a great machine that requires a little more maintenance that FZ6. We are awaiting an official post of your new toy.
Good luck.

C

champion221elite

Nice review on the Street Triple R! I was actually thinking about swinging by my local Triumph dealer tomorrow for the specific reason of checking this bike out.

I could see a Street Triple in my garage at some point.

R

rsw81

What Wavex isn't telling you guys is that he dragged a peg on that Scrambler making a left hand turn in an intersection during the demo ride... pretty damn awesome!

A

abacall

Man I love that bike. The sound of the gear whine reminds me of Well-E.

Do you think it would do ok on longer, >300 mile, rides? Rear seat? Wind?

Wavex

What Wavex isn't telling you guys is that he dragged a peg on that Scrambler making a left hand turn in an intersection during the demo ride... pretty damn awesome!
lol I forgot about that! yeah the scrambler is pretty fun to cruise around, but forget about the clearance! scared the **** outta me :D

R

rsw81

Man I love that bike. The sound of the gear whine reminds me of Well-E.

Do you think it would do ok on longer, >300 mile, rides? Rear seat? Wind?
I think it would be perfectly comfortable for longer rides if you get the accessory mini-fairing which my demo had. We had a short freeway stint on the demo route to be sure we got a good idea of wind protection. I felt pretty comfy. Certainly better than the helmet-directed wind of the FZ.

Wavex

I heard we have a new Street Triple R owner within us???? :D

Congrats Rob... can't wait to see/ride it.

A

AJ_rider

Awesome! Gratz on the new ride! I've read only good things about the Street Triple's, definitely a sexy bike as well, post pics when you get a chance!

V

vdbergj1

WoooW! What a GR8 bike. Safe miles! :rockon: Pics!

Is the Street Triple the naked of the Daytona 675 or are they completely different (riding)? I'm crazy about the Daytona 675. I know its a super bike and should be compared to the R6, but I wonder how it will compare to the FZ6/FZ6"R" - not performance but riding comfort. Its important for me that my BH will be comfortable as well. I wish they made a Daytona 675"R" ;)

A

Aleziel

if it had an ABS version id would have bought it instead of the FZ... but, it doesn't and it costs more, so that sucks really... more money-less safety is a deal breaker for me.
looks sexy tho..