madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

this is your bike...ducati 796....

CrazyCawi

or the streetfighter S

BoneJj

Well, you have to pick ultimately what style of bike you want to go with... Do you really want that Super Sport type bike or would you want something that's similar to the FZ6R with more pep.

What is your train of thought in regards to that?

And LOL at hanging off the soft tail. I have had to do that to my vulcan to make sure I don't drag the boards. LOL. My friends thought I was nuts for doing it until they noticed I was still able to take corners faster than they were. Especially my newb friend with a SS bike, he's still learning how to ride...

TokenSSDD

Chevyfazer

How about a FZ1? That's going to be my next bike, I'm pretty much just waiting until my bike kicks the bucket but being a Yamaha it's libel to be a while seeing how stone cold reliable they are. Liter bike performance with everyday comfort.

Hellgate

Aprilia Tuono V4R APRC. The baddest Standard (nee Naked) on the planet. 167hp at your right wrist, power wheelies in 3rd. Totally comfortable for 500 mile days. :D

uploadfromtaptalk1332617263953.jpg

ksgoh88

My vote goes for the Aprilia Shiver 750. Upright riding position, fantastic power delivery, but mean in the twisties as well. I had the pleasure of riding one back to my friend's place as he was out of town when he bought it. Man that thing was a blast.

Szajko

If it makes you feel any better, I am taking care of your old bike and I have already installed some of my own mods including a TBR exhaust and juice box pro. Good luck finding your next sport bike!

CrazyCawi

If it makes you feel any better, I am taking care of your old bike and I have already installed some of my own mods including a TBR exhaust and juice box pro. Good luck finding your next sport bike!
you should do the member interview:D

Fizzer6R

madmike, i'm in charlotte nc too, where YOUR bike is - so just let me know if you need someone to go kidnap YOUR bike and bring it back to you ;)

RoadTrip

600cc SS - thrashability, flickability, ergos take awhile to get used to, I am partial to my gixxer, but craving the red 50th Anniversary edition R6 (so beautiful).

1000cc SS - all about the power, effortless 100mph breaker, any gear, any time, potentially softer suspension and ergos (e.g. comfort), not as flickable as 600cc. Again, I likes the gixxer and Kawi for liters (esp the new red Kawi).

Naked - FZ1 is the sensible choice, but the 2012 Tuono is the mindblower choice, supposedly has the old top end hit that sportbikes used to have, and that many sportbike afficionados crave.

Good luck on your new sportbike search, I am kinda in love with SS ergos now that I have endured the obligatory suffering stage. The FZ1 may well be your best choice, though, it really is the sensible sportbike; but if you must have a SS, I can tell you they are very fun machines, just gotta ride a lot to get used to the ergos.

Last edited: