Crickets?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

cbzdel

I use a IWB holster, no problems. My only concern would be a nasty high speed fall, the the gun is right up against my skin...
I've thought about getting a small tank bag, which wouldn't be bad. I don't think I could get to my tail bag, or a shoulder holster, if I needed it in a hurry, and that's always a concern as well.
I figure I would be screwed any way so why not stick it in the tail bag, I tried to hold my carry gun with my riding gloves on and it was a no go haha!

the high speed crash worried me as well since I have started to carry it chambered. (I didnt used to, until I felt disciplined enough)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I carry mine IWB in a Crossbreed Supertuck. Super comfortable and perfectly retained. I don't worry about a fall so much with a sidearm. It wouldn't be all that different from my cell phone being gouged into my hip if I were to fall. Plus, my jacket has enough padding where I carry that it wouldn't cause much trouble or get caught on anything.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

xplodnstar

I'm still here, I just haven't has a lot of time to work on bike projects recently. I still look around a bit, but if I don't have 2 cents that's worth at least a nickle, I don't bother anyone with my ravings. :)

We will definitely pick up in the spring.

BTW, I finally met a FZ6R rider in my area. New rider, excited about his bike, but doesn't know many others. I gave him my email, but I haven't heard anything from him. I am glad to see more people picking up the bike.

Roaddawg

I carry mine IWB in a Crossbreed Supertuck. Super comfortable and perfectly retained. I don't worry about a fall so much with a sidearm. It wouldn't be all that different from my cell phone being gouged into my hip if I were to fall. Plus, my jacket has enough padding where I carry that it wouldn't cause much trouble or get caught on anything.
I've been looking for a new shirt "tuckable" holster, but haven't seen this one. Is it as comfortable as they say on their website?

zig308

CBZDEL... that's an awesome pic! Wonder if they have that for the FZ6R!?

I haven't taken too long of rides yet, so I haven't worried about it much. Sometimes my jacket rides up and the bottom of my OWB is visible. But, VA is an open carry state anyhow so it's no biggie.

I'll have to check out the other suggestions other members have made. I've yet to find/try an IWB that is comfortable and gave up. I have been curious about the shoulder holsters though for riding. It would probably be safer than a chunk of metal grinding into my kidney in a low side fall.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I've been looking for a new shirt "tuckable" holster, but haven't seen this one. Is it as comfortable as they say on their website?
It sure is!! If you get it, get the gun belt as well. It makes a world of difference for both concealability and comfort. I wore this holster for 19 hours on the train, without a problem. I even slept in it. Once you get it broke in (which only takes a few times wearing it), you will hardly notice it's there. I got mine for free, but it is well worth the money and would have bought one myself.

WenMark

OK...Sorry... I'm guilty of not posting any. I do have some excuses.

1. Teaching School: lots of year end stuff tests, grades, have to get them in asap or administration gets concerned.
2. Coaching Wrestling: This is tournament season and we have several a week with lots of travel and practices run long and then I'm too tired to do anything when I get home.
3. Christmas Vacation: Went to Florida from Georgia here 8 hour drive and visited in laws from all over whole week. That was tiring.
4. Attended Funeral: wifes grandfather passed away enough said
5. All the busy holiday stuff you have to do again enough said
6. Was really not anywhere near a computer and liked it for the most part everyone needs a break once in a while. Step off the keyboard and see the world once in a while
7. Too damn cold to ride! feel like I'm watching "The Day after Tommorrow" movie over and over. I can't wait for spring.

Well that is all I can think of for now. Finally got a few days to sleep in late:)

zig308

It sure is!! If you get it, get the gun belt as well. It makes a world of difference for both concealability and comfort. I wore this holster for 19 hours on the train, without a problem. I even slept in it. Once you get it broke in (which only takes a few times wearing it), you will hardly notice it's there. I got mine for free, but it is well worth the money and would have bought one myself.
Thanks for the tip on this one. I checked out their YouTube video and it's pretty impressive. I went to the outlets today with my OWB Blade-Tech which is nice, but everytime I reach up for something, I feel like I'm flashing the world my Kahr.

I'm feeling the need for a new Sig or Kimber, but would need a better belt and something "sturdy" to put my new baby in.

The only issue I would see with the Crossbreed one for the time being is the need to take it off easily before going into a restaurant that serves alcohol. Hopefully that won't be an issue after this Spring if the law gets changed though.