Crazy Giant Birds

sammy56

So......I was out Sunday morning for some spirited solo riding....
Took some great sweeper roads to the North Georgia Mountains and then hit the mountains pretty good. Bottom line, about 200 miles and yes, my quads are feeling it!!!
Crazy part.....
Hawks flying around way up, no surprise and very typical since it is hawk country and a beautiful sight. At about the 125 mile mark of my ride, I come around a sharp bend and see a hawk take off from a tree. Now these birds are big....5-6 foot wing span and a body about the size of my core!!
Bird ain't gonna make it I say to myself, hawk is struggling to get height quickly.....I had to duck and the bird smacked and bounced off the top of my helmet...NUTS!!!!
I had to adjust my helmet a bit after, but just a little tug on the chin bar.
When I got home, I pulled a small piece of feather from under the "Scorpion" decal on the helmet. I think I laughed to myself for the next ten minutes.

LB

fz6guy

Lol thats pretty crazy. Could have turned into something pretty bad. Came out unscathed and had a good laugh. thats a good thing then. I had one the other day as well. not like that though. small bird flying low past me and hooks a hard left almost into my face haha. its all good though and the suicide bird just missed me and lived.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

sammy56

Baaahahahaaaa:rof:
man thats hilarious im glad you did not get taken right off the bike though!!!
Had I not ducked.....certainly would have been very tough to stay on the bike in all likelyhood. Would have been some serious whiplash at a minimum!!

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

sammy56

Wow! Where's the video? :D
Video would have been great, but only if the gopro was attached to the bike! If I had a gopro fixed to the helmet, it would have been ripped right off:eek:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
You mean like this....

sammy56

SpawnXX

Premium Member