crashed my fz6r

rob123

so its true i got into a little crashed with my bike. and i was wondering if anyone else had go into one where they had to replace the tank and one of the fairings. well i have to and my collision wasnt on it yet was going to put it on later in april and went down before so this has to come out of my savings.

Newmason

Last edited:

rob123

i was on a side street and i was trying to slow down and i was going to turn around and the front tire kicked out and i lost control and the bike slid about 20 or 30 feet. As did I, i had all my helmet,jacket, gloves and jeans. i ended up with some roadrash on my leg from the jeans and a broken toe in two spots. so far from what i can tell on the bike (which i didnt have frame sliders on it) the tank has about 2 pretty good dents on it, the left mirror and turn signal broke but already ordered more on ebay, the crankcase and left fairing is all stratched up, and the shifter bent in really bad, and the kick stand bent also the clutch lever is stratched.

MDRaven0223

i was on a side street and i was trying to slow down and i was going to turn around and the front tire kicked out and i lost control and the bike slid about 20 or 30 feet. As did I, i had all my helmet,jacket, gloves and jeans. i ended up with some roadrash on my leg from the jeans and a broken toe in two spots. so far from what i can tell on the bike (which i didnt have frame sliders on it) the tank has about 2 pretty good dents on it, the left mirror and turn signal broke but already ordered more on ebay, the crankcase and left fairing is all stratched up, and the shifter bent in really bad, and the kick stand bent also the clutch lever is stratched.
Well, you just sold the idea of frame sliders to me...

MikeN02

Ouch! This is my first brand new vehicle and I was scared to death... T-Rex frame sliders were on back order a couple of months ago and I had a few close calls and so I just went ahead and invested in the Intuitive racing sliders for more money.

Saves me some money when I go down!

Detrich

Ouch. Sorry to hear about the mishap, but good that u weren't seriously injured... Which at the end of the day is the most important thing...

Sliders are a good investment. It sounds like with a faring + tank & other components it'll be $1.5k+ to fix? That's not too bad conidering the damage...

Hope u get it repaired soon. :)

rob123

yeah I was thinking it was going to be around in that price to. yeah i am waiting on the estimate from the guy he said he will call me tuesday or wednesday so i am hoping to get it fixed as soon as possible.

zig308

Lots of those side roads in my neck of the woods. They = Sand/Dirt everywhere.

A lot of the turn lanes still have sand/dirt in them too... careful in those turns out there guys.

M76

Ouch! Sorry to hear about that... Although you're lucky in that you didn't get seriously injured. Have you considered claiming it through insurance, providing your deductable isn't too bad?

rob123

i would of put it through my insurance but the collision wasnt on my bike, i have it set up so its not on in the winter. and i took it out and i didnt call the company to put it back on so it has to come out of the savings account.