Coworker is selling his GSXR-750...

Fzara2000

And he's willing to sell it to me at a good price supposedly. It's a 2008 GSXR 750 with 2800 miles in sparkling graphite (dark grey) for $4500, which he claims is a good deal. It's got a slip-on exhaust on it right now.

Two problems however.

1) it was dropped twice at a standstill, one time his sister tipped it over and another was when his kickstand was on the asphalt in hot weather and the bike eventually lost its balance. As a result, the plastics are pretty scratched (i've seen it in person) up so I'd have to buy new ones or re-paint them. I always thought it was advisable to stay away from dropped bikes.

2) i think it's too much power for me. I got my license in October 2010 and only have 1 year of experience with 2,000 miles on my 6R so far. I told him I was looking at a triumph Daytona 675 maybe at the end of this riding season or next year mid-summer, but he said he wants to get rid of it soon and move to an R1 to compliment his hayabusa. I jus don't know if the throttle would be too sensitive especially out of turns and straightaways where I'm doing accidental wheelies every minute, compared to a less powerful bike.

Sorry for rambling on - What's everyone's thoughts? Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Fizzer6R

it's a pretty good deal. GSXR 750's are awesome bikes. if it wasn't going fast while going down then there shouldn't be anything wrong with it. if you can talk him down a couple hundred more saying cost of plastics... then i'd grab it if you can. the power isn't too sensitive unless you are 7-8k rpms

TokenSSDD

I wouldn't worry about the power issue. I demo'd a 2011 model. I thought it was the perfect bike (for me anyway lol). That's what I would like to upgrade to eventually.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Dustin600

Wow that's a great deal! That's low mileage too. According to Kelly Blue Book that bike is worth $7,655 in good condition! Even if you didn't keep it maybe you could make a couple bucks on it. The riding season is here and you might not have trouble reselling it.

2008 Suzuki - Kelley Blue Book

Last edited:

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

CrazyCawi