Cool power outlet

mjesenovec

I've used a lot of different 12v plugs over the years, and they all function pretty much the same. With it being a brand I've at least heard of before, I would say it's a solid purchase. Especially since it comes with the cig plug for the car, as well as a battery hard wire kit for the bike, under $20 isn't a bad deal. Another important thing to note is that the power cable for the bike connection is fused, so it saves you from the hassle of tapping into the bike's fuse box. This is really as close to plug-and-play as you are going to get with a bike. All you have to do is connect the pos and neg wires to the battery, then ziptie the cable up the frame and keep it where you can get to it easily.

Plus, if you ever go on any road trips, it would be nice to know you can run a GPS and a radar detector all while charging your phone and ipod. Could be very handy depending on how big of a gadget nerd you are.

mjesenovec

It doesn't seem to be waterproof (one of the comments mentions it). That seems like a problem, no?
That is a good point, but it's not like I would buy a new gps, new cell phone, etc. because the ones I have aren't waterproof. You could just run the power cable, and keep the 12v plug under the seat, and just quickly run/tuck power cables up front as you need them. Or, things you have charging you could keep in your tank bag.

Bloke

That's how I have mine, socket under seat, cables route to the front, tiny bit of velcro on the tank bag stops them flapping around.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

redwing-2001

That's how I have mine, socket under seat, cables route to the front, tiny bit of velcro on the tank bag stops them flapping around.

... or put it in your tank bag.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Bloke

... or put it in your tank bag.
Nah, I'd have cables rubbing on the tank, this way the socket stays dry under the seat and my kit in the tank bag gets charged with the cable going through the zipper hole.

Will take a picture of it at some point if it's worth it.

rjohnson5481

Nah, I'd have cables rubbing on the tank, this way the socket stays dry under the seat and my kit in the tank bag gets charged with the cable going through the zipper hole.

Will take a picture of it at some point if it's worth it.

If you wouldn't mind..
I'm in the need of wiring something like that and looking for ideas on how to get power to the tankbag and under the rear seat with the same outlet:thumbup:

Bloke

Okay, sadly I do have a 1 part seat, unlike the two parter you have in the states but will try and get some pics this weekend for you.

BKP

Just found this... and ordered it immediately...

Been looking for a good 12v accessory... Didn't want a powerlet socket (thought it a bit bulky, and I typically have both a phone, and GPS needing power).

Both run USB... this looked perfect:

- Weatherproof
- Dual port
- Both handlebar and socket alternatives included
- 47 inches of wire included (120cm), and splicer

and, it looks *good*. I plan to wire it to an SAE connector, and put a permanent SAE connector attached to the battery... When its in the garage, it'll be on the Tender... on the road, attached to the USB accessory...

Motorcycle USB Power Socket

alh081

Just found this... and ordered it immediately...

Been looking for a good 12v accessory... Didn't want a powerlet socket (thought it a bit bulky, and I typically have both a phone, and GPS needing power).

Both run USB... this looked perfect:

- Weatherproof
- Dual port
- Both handlebar and socket alternatives included
- 47 inches of wire included (120cm), and splicer

and, it looks *good*. I plan to wire it to an SAE connector, and put a permanent SAE connector attached to the battery... When its in the garage, it'll be on the Tender... on the road, attached to the USB accessory...

Motorcycle USB Power Socket

looks good. post pics after install. thx.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

BKP

I have one of those that I'm not using I could have sold you for cheaper. I bought it for my ST3, but it won't fit around the Triumph's thicker handlebar. It'll fit the 6R's bar perfectly though.
From what I can tell, the handlebar adapter is removable, and it can be installed like a standard in-dash powerlet. Was that not an option for the ST3?