Common Knowledge?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

flyingminno

Yeah thick fog is dangerous. I've never had to navigate some while on the motorcycle, but got stick in the mountains during a super thick fog while in an suv. Though it took over an hour to make my way out safely, I had fun with the windows open and music blazing the entire way down. :D

Roaddawg

It's been really foggy around here (Bay Area) in the mornings lately. I've been putting on my bright green reflective vest, which really helps people see me in the fog. The thing that gets me is, if you where driving your cage and saw a guy on a motorcycle riding slowly on the freeway because there was only about 80-100 feet of visibility, don't you think you should slow down in your cage?!?!! People fly by me and it scares the crap out of me. I usually drive a little faster than the "flow" to keep from getting rear ended when its clear out, but in heavy fog, I slow way down. My technique now is to keep a car directly behind me, so they get rear ended first!

Heineken

Elite Member

Roaddawg

Yeah, that's right.... Roaddawg should I take a picture of my front lawn so you can see what winter with snow (and not winter with fog) looks like? :cool:
Geez you guys...why are you two ganging up on me about SNOW? I thought we were discussing riding in FOG here. I don't need pics of snow...I just watched the Winter Olympics on TV. :D

streetmaster

OK, This isn't about snow, fog or whatever. But it is about a truck.
Nice set of twisties near home following a truck & he was just cutting across corners. All blind corners mind you!
This pic might look OK to those in the U.S. but here in AUS, we ride/drive on the LEFT!!!
Just imagine a bike (or car) coming the other way!

DjOrchie

OK, This isn't about snow, fog or whatever. But it is about a truck.
Nice set of twisties near home following a truck & he was just cutting across corners. All blind corners mind you!
This pic might look OK to those in the U.S. but here in AUS, we ride/drive on the LEFT!!!
Just imagine a bike (or car) coming the other way!
Hmmm... that doesn't look like it would work out so well :eek: