Color Coordination FTL...

MustGoFaster

So. I really dig my Copper/Raven 2011 because the color is unique. However, it makes color coordination for mods and gear rather challenging. For the most part, I'm deciding on black and gun metal gray for colors. I plan on getting a jacket and overpants in the next week or so as I just got hitched last weekend, so in the event of motorcycle ker-blammo, I want to be around and in one peice for both myself and the wifey. :D I've been scouring old threads looking for various suggestions for jackets and have come up with a few ideas, but here's the problems I have.

A) My bike is orange/reddish, so finding a matching color jacket is challenging at best.

B) I was out riding today around 2ish. It was 110. I typically wear a Dickies jacket. It's black. I almost melted. :eek:

It looks like I'm going mesh or possibly a hybrid. Quality leather's a bit out of the price range, so I'm going with something is better than nothing. Leather's also really friggin' hot from what I gather. Yes, yes, I've read the threads and arguements, and I know it's better to sweat than bleed, but it's also better to stay conscious on the bike and not pass out from heat exhaustion. For color I'm leaning a bit more towards a combination, like black/gun metal/silver/white as a matching orange seems non-existant.

Any and all suggestions would be welcome. :D

Z3roFlaw

I have that same bike and I'm starting to see that it might be difficult to color coordinate my mods.

I don't even think Yamaha sells a copper color rear seat cowl which would really make the tail end of the bike pop. I think I have to go with a black one to replace the rear seat. =/

Z3roFlaw

Oh and I use an Icon overlord leather jack and it has some pretty nice ventilation. Things do start to warm up if I'm stuck at a stand still for a while though.

I'm thinking about going with a textile or mesh pants so that I have more protection over jeans but still provide comfort over leather pants.

MustGoFaster

Yeah I feel yer pain fer sure, homie. :mad: I saw that jacket, and I dig it, just a wee bit out of price range right now. I'm looking at around $200.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Fzergirl

I just picked up the same bike today and have spent the last several hours searching on-line for helmets and accessories. Yamaha has a couple colour matched accessories, but I have had no luck finding a helmet. If you find anything I'd love to know.

redwing-2001

I just picked up the same bike today and have spent the last several hours searching on-line for helmets and accessories. Yamaha has a couple colour matched accessories, but I have had no luck finding a helmet. If you find anything I'd love to know.
suggestion: go with a basic white or black (helmet, jacket, pants) then take your helmet to a local air-brush artist and he/she can color match anything you want on your helmet.

buzzbomb

Elite Member