Clutch question

Invader Jim

Can you roll your 6R forward while it is in first gear (engine off) if the clutch lever is pulled?

I just rolled the bike out of the garage after a long winter and I had to put it in neutral to roll it. Shouldn't it roll freely with the clutch pulled in if it is not running? Clutch handle free-play looks fine.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

Best way to stop this is to tie the clutch lever back in full compressed position putting the clutch in a free state during storage, all clutches will lock together after a while, my tractor has a hook to lock the clutch pedal down just for that reason during storage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Bozman

When in storage times, I always start and warm up the bike once every couple weeks. Keeps everything flowing. If you have a rear stand it also wouldn't be a bad idea to engage a gear or two for a short period of time as well.

Grumpy

I leave mine in neutral all winter and will start it a couple of times and let it run up to 200 degrees. Tie back the clutch would help but will also stretch your cable a bit too. I like the idea of a center stand and ruining the bike in gear for a bit to keep things moving in the tranny.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Grumpy

200 is with in the normal operating temperature range for the CBR and only takes about 15 minutes to get there. No different than sitting in Chicago traffic ;)

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member