Clip-ons and rust from riser removal.

0150r

A while back, I put on clip-ons which left the holes for the risers uncovered. They rust easily/quickly. Is there anything I can do to remove the rust and keep it from happening again? It's the tubes that go through the triple that are rusted, but it doesn't look like I can remove them. Gently sand it and paint with auto touch up paint?

efforex

A while back, I put on clip-ons which left the holes for the risers uncovered. They rust easily/quickly. Is there anything I can do to remove the rust and keep it from happening again? It's the tubes that go through the triple that are rusted, but it doesn't look like I can remove them. Gently sand it and paint with auto touch up paint?
I think I remember you saying you were in the navy it could be if your bike was around the salty air. I would just sand the rust off and paint it with RustOleum ? maybe idk just the only thing that comes to mind.

http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGResourceCenter.asp?sn=fa2

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

0150r

Thanks for the link Marthy, I will give it a try. Efforex, yeah, the salt water in the air is a killer. I park my bike less than 100ft from the ocean five days a week. It seems impossible to keep the chain from rusting too. It's sad to see the 50 or so bikes parked together and most of rusty chains. I tried using a cover, but it seemed to collect more grime on the bike than without it.

efforex

Do you use a chain wax or grease?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

efforex