Clip On photos.

reedsmith07

Idk if anyone has already posted any but with all those whom have added clip ons, does anyone have any riding shots, still or moving? Id like to see a visual of the different riding position with the new clips on compared to stock. I have seen plenty of solo bike shots buy none with the rider on a bike. Thanks

Chucker

I don't know if these pics will help. They are the only ones I have that aren't from the front. While I don't have clip-ons, these flat FZ1 bars get your grips as low as they can go without cutting the plastics. My bars barely touch the tank at full lock and barely miss the fairing. Clip-ons will give you the same riding position unless you want to cut the plastics to get lower.

Attachments

reedsmith07

Thanks man. I do think the clip ons, like you said, make your lower but thesis are good to see action photos of something different than stock.

Chucker

Just to be clear, clip-ons do not get you lower than FZ1 bars. If you go any lower than the FZ1 bars you will drastically reduce the amount you can turn your bars as the tank and fairing will start to interfere. When I lock my steering, the horn button is about 1/16" away from the tank and my right bar is almost touching the fairing. The way that I avoid hitting the tank with the bar is I keep my hand on the grip and my thumb hits the tank.

The benefits of the FZ1 bar over clip-ons are the price, the ease of installation, and the fact that you get less vibration with the bar in the risers than you get with clip-ons directly attached to the forks.

sunkist

I had both, the FZ1 bar and (now) the clip on's. (sorry to go against you Chucker)

Im 100% sure the clip on's are lower, however getting to this position involves lowering the bike at the front forks to avoid touching fairings etc. which isn't a requirement for FZ1 bars, hence clip ons being lower. I also don't see the tank being an issue at full lock because im not going to full lock while riding, maybe just moving the bike around the garage - small sacrifice. (tank slap would be another issue - could end up with broken thumbs lol)

my experience with the FZ1 bar was that I didn't like the angle my wrists were when using the FZ1 bar, you cant tilt them down (if that makes sense).

in saying that, is there $300 worth of difference between FZ1 bar to Clip on? No if you want a lower riding style, you're better of selling you FZ6R and putting a bit of extra cash into an R6 - im on restricted license (aus) for the next two years and don't have patience.

heres a pic of my uncle sitting on mine with clippies

Attachments

Last edited:

Chucker

You can lower the front end with the FZ1 bar if you want and you'll get the same effect as with the clip-ons. It just isn't necessary. Having said that, the bike's steering geometry is not designed to have the front end lowered that much.

You're absolutely right Sunkist. I am happy with the FZ1 bars and the front end lowered about 1/4". If I wanted it lower than that, I'd buy a supersport that is designed to be lower.

concuncon

sunkist

You can lower the front end with the FZ1 bar if you want and you'll get the same effect as with the clip-ons. It just isn't necessary. Having said that, the bike's steering geometry is not designed to have the front end lowered that much.

You're absolutely right Sunkist. I am happy with the FZ1 bars and the front end lowered about 1/4". If I wanted it lower than that, I'd buy a supersport that is designed to be lower.
I genuinely didn't think of lowering the bike with the Fz1 bar. that would allow you to tilt the bars down...

FAAAAAAAAA....