Check out the new wheels!!!

Detrich

Not bad... :)

My only counterpoint is that I think White Rim Tape + Tire Fly's would've accomplished the same thing and been a lot less invasive... (Just in case you decide to sell the bike someday, you know?) I know rim tape can be time consuming & difficult to apply yourself. But, if you buy it from a shop they'll often throw in the install for $20 bucks. And, they are good at installing it, and super fast. So it looks OEM and is done in like 20 minutes. But, what's done is done. It still looks decent.

bobby bo bonsin

good job

very ballsy decision to do that. i think it looks awesome! makes the wheels look aftermarket. i love some shine on sportbike wheels makes a bike look really clean. great job man! :thumbup:

tnalley

just tape off the outer rim around the tire then apply the airplane paint stripper with a paint brush. Let it sit until it starts to blister, (about 15min) then remove with rubber scraper. Wash with water and clean towel. The whole process takes about 8 hrs or so. I also used an sos pad to remove some of the more difficult areas. The sos probably wouldnt have been neccessary if the weather conditions were more ideal. Would say in 65-80 degree temps would be much easier!

miketriebsch

Hey it's somthing I've never seen done to these bikes. I like it. Ballsy but it turned out good.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

dcBear78

What does everybody think? Got the idea off of youtube. Used paint stripper to remove part of the black from the wheels. Havent had a chance to polish them yet. You really have to see it in person to fully appreciate. It looks awesome at night with the leds glowing off of them. Ill try to get some pics soon at night.
The decals on your bike... Where'd you get them from cause they aren't the stock 09 white ones are they?

I got some minor gravel rash that only needs the decals replaced, just wondering if after-market might be cheaper/better option?

edit: I really like the polished section on the black wheels. If I had them I would be doing something similar.

tnalley

The decals on your bike... Where'd you get them from cause they aren't the stock 09 white ones are they?

I got some minor gravel rash that only needs the decals replaced, just wondering if after-market might be cheaper/better option?

edit: I really like the polished section on the black wheels. If I had them I would be doing something similar.
They are the original pink stock for the pearl fz6r 2009 model. I painted over them with touchup paint to change to red.

F

FZ6R_Blue

Come on whoever gave me negative rep for making a joke about getting wheels chromed grow up. thats not what the rep/feedback is for!

CrazyCawi

how are they working out? they holding up good?

tzrox

Not bad... :)

My only counterpoint is that I think White Rim Tape + Tire Fly's would've accomplished the same thing and been a lot less invasive... (Just in case you decide to sell the bike someday, you know?) I know rim tape can be time consuming & difficult to apply yourself. But, if you buy it from a shop they'll often throw in the install for $20 bucks. And, they are good at installing it, and super fast. So it looks OEM and is done in like 20 minutes. But, what's done is done. It still looks decent.
What are Tire Flys? I googled but no relevant results. :p