Cheap Winter Gloves

Roaddawg

So I needed some winter gloves and bought a pair at Cycle Gear for $34.99. I included some pics of the gloves and will do a review with them after I wear them a little more. They are leather on the palm side, have knuckle protection, and two straps around the wrist. There is reflective piping on them and they are claimed to be waterproof. For the price, I figured it was worth the price. They seem pretty well made and are comfortable. I'll post back in a couple weeks with a review of riding with them.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Roaddawg

So, I've been riding with these gloves for about a week now. It hasn't been too cold here, about 44 degrees the other morning (colder with the wind chill factor). These gloves keep my hands warm and are pretty comfortable. My only complaint thus far is they cut the circulation to my fingers if I'm holding onto the grips to tight, like during splitting traffic. I think once I get them broken-in more, they will work fine...especially for $35 gloves. I'm sure any winter gloves would be the same. And, I just make sure I relax my fingers as I ride. I do like the fact that there is a lot of reflective material on the backs of the hands. When I change lanes in heavy traffic (in the dark), I'll stick the back of my hand out as I signal to be more visible to my movements. (and the cagers can see you better when you let them know they're #1!!) So, for the money, I'd recommend them. I couldn't see spending $150-200 on some alpine star or whatever winter gloves that I'll only be wearing a few months out of the year.

Roaddawg

Ok, this morning it was about 35 degrees....cold. My fingers did get cold and uncomfortable during my hour long commute ride. I had to keep moving my fingers every ten minutes or so. I figured at 75 MPH +/-, the windchill factor would be somewhere around 15 degrees. Still, for the cheap price, they worked, but not great. Grip warmers are starting to look to be a future mod!

F

FZ6Rgurl

Speaking of grip-warmers.... How well do these work and where would they connect on the bike? Besides the fact they go on the handlebars? LOL

oyamyers

I put grip heaters on mine and they work great. I used the wire that was left over from the stock turn signals running light. My flushmount signals do not stay on as running lights so it worked out great.