Chain & sprockets buy

2wheelie

I searched some threads on this, lot's of of different ones out there, but didn't get a definite answer on where can I buy a set of chain and sprockets?
My chain has about 15k and is still looks good, but is it ok if to put sprockets only? Is there a group buy still exists? I'm looking for 16 front & 44 rear on 118

mdgreene2001

A +1 front is really close to a -2 rear and you can keep the stock chain length

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

mdgreene2001

mdgreene2001

I got you now. I don't think it will be that big of an issue...

2wheelie

17/46 or 17/47 are good ratio. Solomotoparts.com can hook you up. Talk to Tyler over there... we just had a group buy not long ago... maybe you call him and try to get a deal still.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
So I shouldn't cut the chain (120 links) with this ratio?
Also, does Tyler has a different number or I'd call their 877 and ask for him?

Thank you all for your help.

mdgreene2001

So I shouldn't cut the chain (120 links) with this ratio?
Also, does Tyler has a different number or I'd call their 877 and ask for him?

Thank you all for your help.
17/46 you can use stock chain length. Watch solo motorsports chain and sprocket install video it teaches you how to break chain install sprockets, mock up new chain, and rivet it.

mdgreene2001

I searched some threads on this, lot's of of different ones out there, but didn't get a definite answer on where can I buy a set of chain and sprockets?
My chain has about 15k and is still looks good, but is it ok if to put sprockets only? Is there a group buy still exists? I'm looking for 16 front & 44 rear on 118
You can get your 44t sprocket and chain here:

http://www.supersproxusa.com/product~Yamaha~Road_Bikes~600_ccm~FZ-6_RYL_(FZ6R)__[2009-2012].php

And AFAM makes a lightened front sprocket:

AFAM 520 Steel Front Sprocket for FZ6R 09-11 - Sprockets - Drive - Street Parts - SoloMotoParts.com - Motorcycle Parts, Accessories and Gear

2wheelie

I need your opinion on these sprockets.
The one on the bike is new. The one on the floor is an old one. Both 16T.
Now, would you say the old one still has life in it? Also, what I like about it is that it has these rubber sides on which the chain rests, when the new on is just plain.
Any thoughts on them?

Attachments

Last edited: