Center stand pro's and cons

jakeaz

Could you guys let me know what the pro's and cons of a center stand are?

24KMACH

Like the old guy said. DEPENDS! If you want to spend big bucks on a exhaust that will make you deaf like me a center stand will not fit. I went with the stock exhaust [Does not attrack cops, the neighbors love you and you can hear whats going on around you] and a center stand. Why you ask? Many reasons. It makes 1. Changing your oil and filter much simpler. 2. Maintenance of your chain a breeze. 3. Changing your rear tire/wheel easy. 4. Parking your bike more stable. to name a few. :)

ajiribarren

You CAN have an aftermarket exhaust with a centerstand (search for Leo Vince Underbody Exhaust). As 24KMACH said, it really helps with maintenance and parking of the bike, changing a tire, etc. The only con I can think of is added weight , but for me that was negligible

Jay S.

You CAN have an aftermarket exhaust with a centerstand (search for Leo Vince Underbody Exhaust). As 24KMACH said, it really helps with maintenance and parking of the bike, changing a tire, etc. The only con I can think of is added weight , but for me that was negligible
Totally agree. I really don't see any cons and it makes maintenance very simple, especially chain upkeep.

Osoreru

Just to echo what everybody else said: The maintenance benefits are amazing. If you happen to be out and about somewhere and need to do some quick maintenance and there's no lift around, no problem. I plan to get a center stand as soon as I can afford it (I also don't plan on changing my exhaust from stock any time soon either). The look factor is kinda nice too. I love the way a bike looks on a center stand.