CBR 600 vs YZF R6 Opinions?

dx2killa

So as many may know I totaled my bike last weekend and I'm starting to look into bikes as im waiting for this totalling process to finish. I'm considering stepping up as I dont see point in getting another fz6r when i can get someone else for just slightly more. I'm currently looking at 2 brand new bikes both are at my dealership I got my bike from and could possibly save a few extra hundred dollars off advertised price + promotion . First option 2011 CBR600rr no mileage deal going on as there trying to get out older years. They have it online for 9,095 with - $ 800 with current promotion and probably few more off . Second 2012 YZF-R6 for 8,690 with - $500 yamy promo plus few more off . I like look of both bikes and feel as I tryed them when i was looking at my fz6r but the r6 def is little taller . I'm looking more towards the CBR as many are telling my R6 is for the track but still good on street and CBR seems be favored as the "street" bike ( what guys at work keep yelling at me to get haha) . Whats your opinions if you were moving up to super sport and had these 2 choices? Heres said bikes

2011 Honda Cbr600rr, Deptford NJ - 104522987 - Cycletrader.com
2012 Yamaha Yzf-R6, Deptford NJ - 110239406 - Cycletrader.com

RoadTrip

Black CBR600RR, definitely - classic with the full paint and brushed swing arm, I hear it is a great street bike. Not feeling the graphics on the R6, certain peeps will love it, others will hate it, kind of one of those devisive bikes. No one can really say much about black, its always a classic in just about every machine made, won't divide opinions, resale should be solid, put some small understated stickers here and there if you wanna bling it up a bit.

A classic blue and white R6 would be nice though, but still the R6 is definitely more of a canyon bike and a little demanding for commuting, but get it in the top end and it screams like no other.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

dx2killa

was looking at the fz8 as well but not really into the naked look and everyone and there mothers have gsxr600s around here haha!

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

RoadTrip

They got a new 2011 Blue White GSXR750 for $2000 off at a dealer in my area, combine that with the 0% interest special and you lookin at under $200/month. Also, the insurance on the 750 was only $100 more per year than my 600.

I got the 600 cause I knew it would be enough bike for me for at least a couple of years, my understanding is the 750 has stronger top end, but I hear the bottom end is not a huge difference to the 600. But, yeah, the price difference is negligible, so many jump directly to the 750.

Chucker

The R6 is more race bike than the CBR. Personally, I'd go with the CBR for a good all round bike. It'll still kick *** at the track, but much more tame for the road.

06330i

I'd personally choose a zx6r over any of those bikes. I'm a bit biased I know lol. There's a reason it was 600 class bike of the year. But if I had to choose between the r6 or the cbr, I'd choose the cbr hands down. Ergos are great, they hold value a lot longer, that motor is stupid reliable.

Chucker

I'd personally choose a zx6r over any of those bikes. I'm a bit biased I know lol. There's a reason it was 600 class bike of the year. But if I had to choose between the r6 or the cbr, I'd choose the cbr hands down. Ergos are great, they hold value a lot longer, that motor is stupid reliable.
Agreed. If I was going to get a SS this year, it would be the 2013 Kawi 636.

danieljardim

:hijack:

why is everybody afraid to jump from a 6R to a liter bike?

You telling me that almost every rider here is not responsible enough to ride within their limits?

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member