Can't find what I want.

Sage

Okay guys and gals, Sorry for my inactivity (riding is just so much more fun than sitting on the computer, and now school is starting...)

I'm having a bit of trouble finding a swingarm fender eliminator that keeps the plate horizontal, OR an FE like the one I have now, but extends a bit further back or some sort of easy mod I can do to my current one so I don't destroy my plate every time I have a passenger and hit a decent bump. I just don't want to have to worry about getting pulled over again because my plate folded and worry about having to replace the plate again after this one since it is cracking and may withstand only 2-3 more fold overs.

My rear shock is always set on 7, just an FYI

Any suggestions?

Roaddawg

The custom one I made has never been an issue. I made it so its tucked up close to the rear taillight. Try to mod the one you have now so that the plate might angle a little more towards horizontal or shorten it like Farva said. Which FE do you have btw?

Sage

The custom one I made has never been an issue. I made it so its tucked up close to the rear taillight. Try to mod the one you have now so that the plate might angle a little more towards horizontal or shorten it like Farva said. Which FE do you have btw?
I'm not quite sure what one I bought, the dealer got one for me when I asked about one and it was fairly cheap and looks good. The only problem is that I can't angle the plate back any, I've gotten a warning about it along with the exhaust..

I'm trying to figure out a good way to move it back more towards the taillight by like 3 inches which would probably be enough, with sturdy enough metal =\ That's why I want the swingarm mount just so I don't have to worry one bit about it

EDIT: after looking at pics of some on ebay, the one i have may be a targa or something like it.

Last edited: