CA to AR

ej'sfz

ok so me and the wife are thinkin about getting out of the perfect california weather because its just too great for me to handle.

but really, tryin to buy a house here in san diego without havin major cash to back it up is a bit of a joke. ive got family in Arkansas but was kinda hopin to maybe get some info from locals there if i could. jobs, housing, that kinda stuff.bout ready to start settlin down and buyin a house and what not and a 3 bedroom house here is 30ok min for somethin decent...meanwhile my cousin just bought a 3 br house on 12 acres for around 70k... im likin the cheaper of the two lol.
any help would be appreciated folks

pkoko

If you can handle the snow and cooler temperatures. You can't beat the midwest. The summers are comfortable and fall & spring are just gorgeous.

latony007

Are you originally from Southern California? I think your going to freeze and sweat your a** off in AR. The humidity is pretty bad in the south. Id look into AZ you can get some stuff cheap out in phoenix. I totally hear what your saying about houses though, if i didnt have a family one id be in an apartment.

ej'sfz

Im originally from norcal on the Sierra s about an hour southern west of Tahoe... used to the snow and definitely miss it a bit being I love wheel on in the jeep! I've visited fam back there many times in July and august and I can take the heat me and the wife both grew up in borrego springs so thats not to bif of a deal either.
Only real reason for a arkansas is because of my family thats there and cheap but great housing.
Weve been in this apartment for 4.5 yrs with a few rent increases for nothing in return and have put in about $50k just for rent... when ya think about it, thats about a third of a super nice house back east in stead of a down payment here lol.

saint mucus

I grew up in Louisiana and I've lived in Arkansas the heat and severe weather sucks in both states. I moved to Lake Havasu City Az about 5 years ago and I have no desire to go back. The housing market back east is way cheaper though.

latony007

I grew up in Louisiana and I've lived in Arkansas the heat and severe weather sucks in both states. I moved to Lake Havasu City Az about 5 years ago and I have no desire to go back. The housing market back east is way cheaper though.
Havasu is a great lake and the town has grown a ton over the years. That place that makes wood fired pizzas on the island is great :)
gets hot out there but nothing like the humidity in the south. Problem with California is you can leave and be like wow everything is so cheap in this new place. But then when you realize why california is so expensive you can no longer afford to go back!

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

ej'sfz

I'm just tossing this out there. I don't know about job possibilities. What I DO know is good riding roads and relatively inexpensive housing.

North Carolina above Charlotte, but outside of commuting range. Anywhere in NC in the West. Upper Georgia well outside of Atlanta.

And others. Lots of them really. Basically if your looking for relatively mild summers, some good snow in the winter, and some of the best riding in the country, look around the lower Appalachians.

I wouldn't recommend Virginia, though. It's an expensive place to live.
Right on good info... thanks

The more I think about it the more I wanna take off and buy a house and start the fam, but man I love me some san diego lol. Ill have to look around that area for sure.... my cousins down in Branson Missouri and says its pretty nice there... mild summers and not too much as far as crazy winters goes

SixRFixR

It's not just the humidity in summer or the scraping of windshields in the winter that makes the south and midwest less desirable for me, it's the bugs, too. Mosquitoes, chiggers, flies, ticks. You can't hardly do anything outside in the summer without being attacked.

latony007

It's not just the humidity in summer or the scraping of windshields in the winter that makes the south and midwest less desirable for me, it's the bugs, too. Mosquitoes, chiggers, flies, ticks. You can't hardly do anything outside in the summer without being attacked.
LOL he does have a point there. I would only do this under extreme circumstances cause like i said once you leave getting back is really tough.

yillbs

texas!

south texas, ( 4~ hr drive from AR ) I have a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, I paid 120, and my mortgage rate was like 5%, I had to have cash in the bank, but it wasn't mine, we just borrowed it from family and turned it over once the bank was done.
Anyways, houses are going for pennies down here. Most of them are single stories, but i can count 4 or 5 in my neighborhood alone 1600~Sq Feet 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, for under 150. I'm seeing a lot of that down here in texas! plus, who doesn't want to live in texas, surrounded by it's 49 *****es :D

ej'sfz

I freaking hate chiggers. Were tryin to get a feel for whats good as far as other states go. Texas has been an option but my wife has family in wichita falls that were tryin to stay from visiting distance away from lol.

Were not desperate by any means, just tired of apartments and not be on able to have what we want. I dont make great money but its decent by california means and for a mechanic lol.

I understand that wherever we go the money is all the same compared to housing and what not, but damn its hard to get ahead in cali. Plus I would like to be able to own my firearms without issues like cali has. Thats a big negative for me now a days

yillbs

I freaking hate chiggers. Were tryin to get a feel for whats good as far as other states go. Texas has been an option but my wife has family in wichita falls that were tryin to stay from visiting distance away from lol.

Were not desperate by any means, just tired of apartments and not be on able to have what we want. I dont make great money but its decent by california means and for a mechanic lol.

I understand that wherever we go the money is all the same compared to housing and what not, but damn its hard to get ahead in cali. Plus I would like to be able to own my firearms without issues like cali has. Thats a big negative for me now a days
I don't think so? Gas is cheaper , houses are cheaper, just about everything is cheaper anywhere than Cali? 45k a year in Cali is like 60 anywhere else. Imo.
It's like Cali is it's own little country :p

ej'sfz

True true.... and there are some tards here that are tryin to split it into 6states.......

I just want some property and a garage lol

ignatz

True true.... and there are some tards here that are tryin to split it into 6states.......

I just want some property and a garage lol

California needs 3 states southern, northern and Sacramento.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

latony007

They have this plan to split up California every 10 years or so and it never goes anywhere. I could see a northern and southern since the two parts are really so different. However southern california would still have a higher population than like the lowest 21 states put together or something. While i agree that CA is extremely expensive compared to rural AR we usually make more for the same positions because the cost of living is so much higher, it doesnt work out equal mind you so i hear what your saying. I guess as long as your sure you can get a good job paying as much as you make now you will get ahead, id go a month or two ahead of the family and make sure i had work secured before i packed up my apartment etc.