CA labor rates are nuts

JoshF

Just called a local Yamaha dealer to get an installation price for no cut frame sliders and Competition Werkes FE kit. They want $297.

That is just nuts!

FitZ6R

$297 for labor only? :confused: Man, I'm in the wrong business.

Those are two easy DIY jobs. Put some of the money towards any tools you might need, and you'll have plenty left over for fun stuff.

Heineken

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

Wow that is a lot of money. I had my dealer install my Two-Bros exhaust and they only charged me $80 which I didn't think was bad.

GoGreen09

Wow that is a lot of money. I had my dealer install my Two-Bros exhaust and they only charged me $80 which I didn't think was bad.
80$???:eek: My dealer quoted me $225!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Don't go to the dealer for that type work! :spank:

I have done all the work on my bike so far, and if you ask or look around, chances are there is a detailed how-to for the mods you are looking to do. If not, there are enough of us here to figure out how to change the light bulb. :thumbup:

Lonelyrider

frame sliders are not that hard to do~ I had mine installed in 20 minutes~ I am not sure about the FE, but if you go to How-To section, you will find instructions there~

gearhead

Like many others have said, do it yourself. Those 2 are very easy and basic mods. Plus, you get to buy tools which you keep and use forever. I have used the "I need that tool to do this project" excuse for 20+ years (even the wife buys it!!!) and now have a nice tool collection. I get into the Bay Area every few weeks and would be happy to help.