Bye bye White and Red FZ6R....

WhiteFZ

Yep...that amazingly unique machine my wife fell in love with on the showroom floor is no longer the same. Amazing what almost a year with a bike does. Initially she wanted to keep it stock, now she wants to change a bunch of stuff. First she wanted to get rid of the red. She loves the gold wheels, but the red was a bit much. I tried to swap my red seats for some black ones, but a upholsterer friend of mine offered to redo my seats. Man I was more than pleased with the job he did.

The perforated-look is awesome, and he also added a bit more padding. I hope it'll be more comfortable.

Got rid of the red decals as well.

I ordered the OEM gold decals, hope to have them next week. Also our future plans are a Targa fender eliminator, some flush mount front signals, a smoked windscreen, and lower profile mirrors.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

WhiteFZ

Looking good! Did you kept the red covers? You could sell those and get few $ back. Anyone can redo that themselves, just few staples...
I wanted to keep them, but my buddies "assistant" cut them off. Oh well...the price was right.

Hellgate

Looks great, much cleaner looking.

dcBear78

Looks like the seats have been done very well.... Just how waterproof is perforated leather though? Or is it not actually perforated?

My personal opinion is the big chunk of fairing is too stark and needs something to break it up. To me it looks as though you have had repairs and not bothered putting the decals back on.

But it is not my bike, and my opinion caries zero relevance.

KeysRider3

I was diggin on the red/white scheme, but am looking forward to seeing the gold graphics. The seat and pillion are amazing. Your friend did a great job, and the look matches up better to the frame trim. Thanks for the pics.

WhiteFZ

Looks like the seats have been done very well.... Just how waterproof is perforated leather though? Or is it not actually perforated?

My personal opinion is the big chunk of fairing is too stark and needs something to break it up. To me it looks as though you have had repairs and not bothered putting the decals back on.

But it is not my bike, and my opinion caries zero relevance.
It's a high quality, multi layer vinyl. It's perforated on the outer layer only. Waterproof.

WhiteFZ

Got the decals on. I am kinda bummed the oem FZ6R decal was gold with a black background. On the black bike I couldn't tell it had a background. I have a friend tht will duplicate the decal with just solid gold letters, no background, like the YAMAHA on the bottom. Anyway here are the pics. I think it looks amazing. Kinda like it should have been from the factory.