Bye Bye FZ6R

Lonelyrider

After putting 6000KM on the FZ6R, I have sold my bike, the bike was gone last Saturday. It was a great beginner bike for me, I had lots of fun, but it's about time for power upgrade. I am looking for a 600cc super sport, maybe a 2008 GSXR 600 or a ZX6R. And I just wanted to say my good bye and thanks to everybody who helped me. Safe Riding everybody! :)

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

ajkewler

Well he IS named lonelyrider lol

But yeah I'm a member of six different bike forums, always nice to get input from a wide range of experience riders.

joloy133

6000 km is under 3800 miles, just be careful because most would say that your experience is minimal for the fastest 600 cc bikes.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Bigevildoer

After putting 6000KM on the FZ6R, I have sold my bike, the bike was gone last Saturday. It was a great beginner bike for me, I had lots of fun, but it's about time for power upgrade. I am looking for a 600cc super sport, maybe a 2008 GSXR 600 or a ZX6R. And I just wanted to say my good bye and thanks to everybody who helped me. Safe Riding everybody! :)
Nice... now why the *&^$%^# Can't I seem to be able to sell mine?!? :rant:

WenMark

Good Luck with that. Great to have you around. I just think the folks on here are really good guys and gals...biased I guess. Just remember with more speed comes more responsibility(at least on the streets), so be careful unless your a track guy. I'm pretty cautious on the streets and I don't want to see anyone hurt. Good Luck see you around.

Lonelyrider

Those could have been 3800 grueling weekend twisties...
I have over 11000 miles on mine, but mostly commute.... a few aggressive twisties, and a little city traffic.... I've been riding for 9 months...perfect for what I bought the bike for.
I think the main issue is how well you can judge a bike's throttle... Ours is very forgiving, I can crank it and it won't pop up on me... As long as you learn that on a more powerful bike, you should be able to stay out of trouble.

Good luck in finding a ride you like!
thanks everybody :) and thanks dart1963 for your advice, I am a mature rider, and I respect the power of a motorcycle, I know how bad it could end up if I ride like crazy. Even when I had my FZ6R, I treated it with my respect.
It was a great bike, it gave me a lot of riding exp. and confidence. Maybe the bike is too comfortable or something, it's lack of excitment for me after a while, thats why I decided to step up and try the super sport.

I will post some pictures of my new bike once I got it~ Most likely a 2008 GSXR 600 or 2006 ZX6R, we will see :)

locwan

I'm just curious since I'm in canada as well, would you mind telling us how much you were able to recover after said mileage on the bike?

thanks everybody :) and thanks dart1963 for your advice, I am a mature rider, and I respect the power of a motorcycle, I know how bad it could end up if I ride like crazy. Even when I had my FZ6R, I treated it with my respect.
It was a great bike, it gave me a lot of riding exp. and confidence. Maybe the bike is too comfortable or something, it's lack of excitment for me after a while, thats why I decided to step up and try the super sport.

I will post some pictures of my new bike once I got it~ Most likely a 2008 GSXR 600 or 2006 ZX6R, we will see :)

Verranth

Those could have been 3800 grueling weekend twisties...
I have over 11000 miles on mine, but mostly commute.... a few aggressive twisties, and a little city traffic.... I've been riding for 9 months...perfect for what I bought the bike for.
I think the main issue is how well you can judge a bike's throttle... Ours is very forgiving, I can crank it and it won't pop up on me... As long as you learn that on a more powerful bike, you should be able to stay out of trouble.

Good luck in finding a ride you like!
11K miles ?!! damn...you have left me in the dust!

Lonelyrider

locwan, PM sent!

streetmaster, I thought about that, but 1000cc insurance is way too much compare to the 600cc, so 600cc is perfect choice for me, but i mean 600cc SS is fast enough, no need to get 1000cc.

ajkewler

locwan, PM sent!

streetmaster, I thought about that, but 1000cc insurance is way too much compare to the 600cc, so 600cc is perfect choice for me, but i mean 600cc SS is fast enough, no need to get 1000cc.
Really? insurance on my R1 cost about 20 bucks more a year than a R6

ajkewler

Was it the 2008 or the 2009 GSXR that they started doing that 3 riding mode thing. The dealer said that it can be set at 400cc and 500cc to made the ride a bit more tamed for new riders.

Lonelyrider

My insurance on a 1000cc will cost me $720 more per year, not worth it :(

Yah, from MY2008 GSXR has 3 power settings, Race, Street and Rain mode. I am going to a Suzuki demo day next Sunday where I can test drive a 600, 750 and 1000, I am so excited!

Last edited:

Bigevildoer

My insurance on a 1000cc will cost me $720 more per year, not worth it :(

Yah, from MY2008 GSXR has 3 power settings, Race, Street and Rain mode. I am going to a Suzuki demo day next Sunday where I can test drive a 600, 750 and 1000, I am so excited!
Well, lets see.. my FZ6R was going to cost me $975 with million dollar liability and full collision. My Buell is costing me $1375 for Million dollar liability and NO collision... HUGE difference in price.. but man, what a fun ride!

mbridge51

Speaking from personal experience...last November I traded my '09 FZ6R for a new '08 GSXR 600. I find the riding position on the GSXR more comfortable, even on longer rides. The power output of the GSXR in "C" mode feels similar to the FZ6R. I only use C mode in wet or rainy conditions. In normal conditions, "A" mode is too fun to not stay in. In my opinion after having ridden both bikes the fun factor of the GSXR is much higher, but that's just me. The feel of the brakes on both bikes is similar. The GSXR seems to shift much smoother. There's a noticable weight and power difference. Under hard braking the front suspension does not bottom out or dive as much on the GSXR.

My primary reason for trading was to have a bike more suitable for doing track days without having to upgrade a number of elements of the FZ6R (primarily the suspension). I did a track day at Barber and quickly noticed the limitations of the FZ6R in that environment. That being said, the FZ6R is a fun, well-made, affordable bike that I enjoyed a lot. After experiencing the GSXR, I could not go back to the FZ6R.

I had full coverage on the FZ6R with Progressive for around $500/year. Progressive wanted $850/year for full coverage on the GSXR. I switched the insurance over to Foremost and the price was $538/year for the same exact coverage. I'm 39 and have a clean driving record. Expect to pay a little more for insurance. Even though both bikes are 600's the insurance companies know the differences.

Good luck deciding between the GSXR and ZX-6. I'm sure the Kawi is a blast to ride as well. I've seen dealers in my area (Charlotte, NC) with new 2008 GSXR's and ZX-6's still in their inventory, heavily discounted.