Buying first bike this week possibly!

Newmason

Hey guys, I have been lurking for awhile ever since I started my search on my first street bike and what choices I have. I knew I wanted something sportier, yet not under -powered. I also wanted something that would be comfortable on longer rides, as I have a plan of doing up some cortech sport saddlebags and heading out west for some riding. 2000k+ miles of riding. Been a dream of mine to just get on a street bike and go! My background on two wheels has been a long one except it has been all on the dirt. I have raced amateur motocross now for 10 years, and just retired myself out of the A class, (pro class) so I am use to being on two wheels, just not the street. I no longer race or ride dirt anymore as of last year, and now I have the two wheeled itch again! I hope to be joining all you 6r'ers on the forum sharing posts and thoughts on this bike. I am going to be heading up to my dealership here in Ohio to talk some numbers over with the sales guy. There tag on the bike is 6999 but over the phone is said he is willing to give me a pretty good deal on it... Its a 2009 in blue. What do you all think should be a good price I should come in at? Thanks for all the info. I know the 2010 bikes are out so I am hoping he is ready to get the 09 off his showroom floor, but we shall see tuesday!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Newmason

Dart, thanks for the reply! I think I have read just about every single thread there is here on the fz6r forum :D.... I was going to start at around 6k out the door, and if they pushed it up around say the 6200k otd I would start asking for the goods. Helmet jacket and gloves would seal the deal for me. Looking to take yamaha up on the 3.99% for 36. Bought a few of my mx bikes this way, so I have some yamaha credit.