buy or not to buy....

herf

I have been trolling the forums for some time now just reading... First post..

I am looking to buy a 2011 fz6r tomorrow for around 8,000 OTD wondering if that is a good deal??..(I live in Tn and there is not another dealer around me for miles)...also what time of the yrs to do say..ok it is to late in the season to buy a bike? should i just wait till winter/spring....

Detrich

what is "worth it" to you- is really what u should be asking yourself... to me, time is money... don't put off til tomorrow what you could do today. and, if that means paying a little bit more to start enjoying something now, that's ok- so long as it's a fair price and i don't get ripped off.

that said, it is the start of the riding season. it'll be hard to get a great deal on any bike at this time of year. $8000 OTD is a wee bit high, but it's not completely ridiculous for a 2011 model that's brand new.

if you're willing to buy a used 2009 or 2010, you'll definitely save a couple thousand dollars. you'll be surprised at what great condition some used bikes come in. there is a guy in one of my bike groups that's selling his 2007 R6 candy red for $6500 and it has only 2800 miles on it. i encouraged one of my other friends to jump on this, but they don't like the color. i'm like, wth??? that is an awesome deal.

good luck with the shopping and let us know what u decide.

RoadTrip

Yeah, prices vary hugely depending on the time of year and dealer rebates, I paid $6300 OTD at Christmas for an 09 - but, that was for a 'two year old' bike, right at the end of the year.

So, factor in the season (+500), new '11 (+1000), and inventories tightening (+500) and $8000 is prolly what peeps are paying.

However a killer deal would be ~ $7000 OTD.

The main issue with paying too much is trade in time, if you outgrow the bike, you will be upside down and pissed.

Fizzer6R

i agree with going used and saving $. the newness will ware off fast and so will the couple thousand you paid more.

have you searched surrounding areas on cragislist and cycletrader?

herf

Well waiting in my only option I have been working 7 days a week 10 hrs+ a day...by time i get off work everything is closed.
I have been eying this fz6r for sometime...Finally i got a day off (today) trying to get the financing and ect...done in a day is kinda difficult for some reason or other...(the people in the south do everything SLOW....) no offense

The wife and i are going to the city tomorrow...i hope i find little bit better deal.

This is also going to be my first street bike...so maybe a used bike is a better way to go...

Thanks for the input..

DakinechicK

Eek! 8k sounds really high. I bought my 2009 6r for $4800 with only 2k miles on it, though I realize that I got a killer deal on it. BUT, used 6r's are selling for 5-6k all day. SO, I agree with the others on here....If I were you, I would look for used. There are great deals out there for these bikes. If you do want the 2011 I would work a deal on that, as, like I said, 8k seems a little far out there.

Good luck in your search!!

2011FZ6R

I bought mine brand new OTD for around 8k about a month ago. No dealer fee's either.

The raven/copper MSRP's for $7590 I believe, so after tax and title it was around 8000

Detrich

Hmmm... I feel that $8000 is pushing into super sport price range. =( My 2010 R6 was- after all- $8k otd. But, I also shopped for 5+ months & patiently waited for the right deal to come along. i also got really lucky. So, I dunno. But, I would research what a fair price is, set a budget that's slightly below that. And, then try to make it happen... But, as long as ur happy that's all that matters =)

herf

The dealer in not moving from 8,000....i got approved for the loan and everything....but we are heading out to other dealers!! i will come home with something...wish me luck!!!

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

2009 Cadmium yellow is the fastest. so the 2009 is the year to buy for this bike!

Fizzer6R

herf, if you're willing to travel a bit, dealer in NC has 3 (white, yellow, blue) 09 left overs, priced at $5,999. however they will let go for 5599 and OTD at 6499. - this is confirmed by a bill of sale I have dated 5/11/11. I can msg anyone interested their contact info and salesman name, didn't wanna post cause not sure if cool for online advert...

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

blkbrd

Elite Member