Buell GB

S

shaggystyle

I'd ride it......but I'm pretty sure I'd get punched in the face for being a yankee, or a wanker, or some such :p

C

Chris

Does the seat come like that stock? Too stubby looking for my taste..

F

fast blue one

It was OK until I saw the bulldog on the top and then to me it just had echoes of BNP:thumbdown:

Wavex

yeah I am not a fan of the seat or the paint job, but it's basically the same bike as mine, with longer suspension travel and the old gray engine cover and forks (meaning it's not an 07 or 08)... how much to they want for it?

grommit

yeah I am not a fan of the seat or the paint job, but it's basically the same bike as mine, with longer suspension travel and the old gray engine cover and forks (meaning it's not an 07 or 08)... how much to they want for it?
Stunning CUSTOM BUELL Lightning XB12S! - Show winning paintwork, plus many other custom extras including race pipe, carbon shrouds, crash mushrooms, custom seat, special LED's. Fortune spent to make this Buell undoubtedly one of the best you will ever see. Year...2005, 5000 miles
£4995

Wavex

It looks like a fair price to me... correction to my previous post: only the '09 have the blacked out sub-frame + engine + front forks... previous years were all gray (it looks like that sub-frame was just wrapped in fake carbon fiber).

If you like that paint job, and all the carbon fiber crap, I say go for it! You can get a replacement seat for cheap (that one has got to go!) and there are lots of cheap aftermarket parts for that bike...

I can see a bunch of modifications indeed:
- carbon stuff all over
- race cans (that must sound LOUD!!!!)
- dirt handlebar
- coated headers
- aftermarket rearsets (I want them!)
- weird frame sliders
- aftermarket control levers + mirror + grips
- P.C. wheels...

Definitely a lot of work! Are you seriously considering it?

grommit

It looks like a fair price to me... correction to my previous post: only the '09 have the blacked out sub-frame + engine + front forks... previous years were all gray (it looks like that sub-frame was just wrapped in fake carbon fiber).

If you like that paint job, and all the carbon fiber crap, I say go for it! You can get a replacement seat for cheap (that one has got to go!) and there are lots of cheap aftermarket parts for that bike...

I can see a bunch of modifications indeed:
- carbon stuff all over
- race cans (that must sound LOUD!!!!)
- dirt handlebar
- coated headers
- aftermarket rearsets (I want them!)
- weird frame sliders
- aftermarket control levers + mirror + grips
- P.C. wheels...

Definitely a lot of work! Are you seriously considering it?
Considering...NO:D

Just thought it was unusual.

K

KindredGhost

ahhh ok... it is unusual indeed :)

I prefer this one:

:Flip::D:cheer:
My buddy has a xb12x. It's pretty quick, but even he was surprised that our fz6 could keep up with it...

I like buells. If I had some expendable income, I'd get the xb12scg (cause i'm short) in Cherry Bomb Red i think is what they call it. I like it...

I remember when my buddy got the xb12x, I coudln't keep up with him on my vulcan 800... so I got a vtr1000 to keep up with him. Great bike, but got like 28 miles to the gallon and had a 3 gallon gas tank.

Sorry to thread jack, i'm high on cough medicine with codeine in it.

KG

S

Sqrly

Naw...that is an awfull lot for a paint job on a bike that cant keep up. Its ok for a wanna be, but 10 grand for a sub-standard bike is just plain stupid. Seat cover is for crap as well. And the "carbon fiber" on the frame is for **** as well. Bike sucks :squid:

4drfocus

I like it,I'd buy it if was in the uk,I'm half British so I'd flip off any riders who didn't like it.

L

lazamus69

Definately like Wavexs better. The Brit paint jobs a bit loud. Hey wavex, you should shoot some blue on that chin spoiler, balance it out IMO