Budget Exhuast/muffler mods

mafiahalo93

I'm basically looking for a budget exhaust mods. i had to spend my saving for a aftermarket exhaust because my engine got damaged which destroyed the whole engine and had wait to get a new engine from japan. what caused it they told me that the clutch pads were faulty one clutch pad was completely gone and shattered and the other was burned completely and it got sucked through the oil into the engine ripping everything so lucky my warranty covered it but didn't cover the labor. i have seen videos of stuff like someone taking a screw driver and smacking a hole inside of it which to me like a last resort choice and probably could damage the engine/make me lose performance.this shop i go to that does any aftermarket stuff for bikes. the guy i talked to said the best options i have for after market exhaust is buying a full exhaust system and i don't have 700-1000$ and the second best option is cut the can off and weld on a exhaust adapter with a slip-on exhaust. and the cheapest but the most loudest mod to do is just take off the muffler and just run something called a stright pipe which im guessing is chopping off the muffler and just leaving the end pipe that connect to the muffler. and the guy also told me hollowing out the muffler would just be as expensive as cutting off the muffler and welding on a adapter and muffler. im thinking the best i can go with is just running a stright pipe. i don't have a problem with how loud the pipe is and i don't really drive at night cause i have a PT job in the day. cause if i go with a stright pipe i would later on be able to attempt to make my own muffler. so just wondering if anyone can help me out about it.

so if everyone wondering my bike is 2012 and the engine 2015

mafiahalo93

here what im thinking of doing which is probly gonna be the best and most cheapest thing to do. i can buy another stock FZ6R 2012 exhaust system and cut the muffler off
[/IMG] if u can see the picture im thinking of cutting at where i drew the red line then like have each two pipe become one and run like a dual system exhaust i don't have a problem hooking it to my passenger pegs because i don't get skinny girlfriends nor they never are a fan of motorcycles so it just an idea it will take awhile to finish this project idea the reason for the extra stock pipe cause if i can i will run with the muffler cut off and put the stock one in the closet till i end up getting something like a fix-it ticket lol but anyway do u guys think the dual pipe is possible it would look cool but if i could only do 1 exhaust pipe that fine with me i just want the bike to be louder so people can notice me so i dont have people trying to sideswipe me as much since now i got my camera i just recently got my first person trying to sideswipe me on camera lol.

P.S im not no grease monkey nor has to tools so i have to take my thing into the shop and have those guys do it but the two lines are area im thinking of having them cut but i think the red one would probably be best

BustedKnuckle

Thanks for the pic, I was also contemplating the same idea of just chopping of the cat and adding a slip on others here have done that but some say you'll want use some kind of power commander, and if that's the case you might as well shell out the extra $50 for some R6 headers and go that route, let us know what you do and how it turns out.

blkbrd

Elite Member

mafiahalo93

ahhh well im gonna go over to the shop near me and ask about the plan cause i know a single exhaust pipe will work. and i think the power commander be the last thing id buy once the exhaust thing is finished because once i get that fat muffler cut off probably just leave it that way with the 4 pipes sticking out if that cant work use something to merg all 4 into 1 pipe and then work on getting the adapter for a slip-on