Brakes

MrFrzZ

So, I havent searched on here to find this, so flame away if need be, but I was wondering if anyone here had revamped the brake system on one of our mopeds. I'm getting ready to track the bike, and I've already installed Galfer SS lines in the front, with the rear on the way. I'll be using EBC pads for this season and may give Vesrah a shot next year or later on this season. I'm curious though, because I've gotten a wild hair to rebuild the brake system using a Brembo 17RCS MC, reservoir, and Galfer wave rotors. I didnt want to go Full retard though and drop the coin for new calipers just yet since I may get a different track bike next year.

Bike is stock, except for SS lines and clip ons - will probably be installing racetech suspension components as well. I cant see dumping a lot of money into the engine of this bike for minimal gains, as its got decent power and torque for me, but I was curious about really getting a good braking system on it.

Has anyone done this?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Richie21

I have the Galfer SS lines and EBC stainless steel rotors and it is a complete night and day difference. I am really happy with the performance riding in the streets. I’m trying to save up money and learn how to ride on the track so I’ve been slowly trying to upgrade the bike. But also just the Galfer lines alone make a big difference

MrFrzZ

I agree, the lines made a huge difference. I'd just like to see how much better it could be with new mc, rotors, etc. Just a New brake system since OEM is terribly squishy. Lol