Brake Pads

pauly69

Hi all
Looking at replacing my pads just not sure what to buy any ideas
dont have much to spend and I know oem's are pretty expensive.

Thanks
Pauly

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

stuna

according to my dealer service dept after my 16k service last friday, i have alot of brakes left.

I hear alot of the hh sintered front brake pads though. I never hear much of the back brake pads people use. Wouldnt really want hh on the rear for extra concern of locking up (especially w/ steel braided rear lines) right? What does everyone use on the rear?
ebc hh front :d

rregal

EBC Brake Pads

I have been doing some brake system maintenance. I had just upgraded the front brake lines with steel braided lines and I also wanted to upgrade the pads. I wanted to buy the EBC brand pads due to their stellar reputation professed in the hundreds of online user reviews. I decided to order ‘HH’ sintered pads the fronts and semi-sintered ‘V’ pads for the rear.
I ran into some problems using the selection catalog of a popular on-line parts order house. What their catalog said was right for my FZ6R was incorrect for both front and rear pads and I had to make a UPS return. I did some research on the forum and found that the correct EBC part number for the sintered front pads was FA199HH. If you want to order the organic pad the part number is FA199 or if you want the semi-sintered it is FA199V.
The EBC part number for the rear pad sets for the 2009 to 2011 FZ6R is FA140 (Organic), FA140V (semi-sintered) and FA140HH (sintered). These rear pads a distinguished by a single front lip on the side opposite the retaining hole.
The EBC part number for the rear pad sets for the 2012 to 2013 FZ6R is FA174 (Organic), FA174V (semi-sintered) and FA174HH (sintered). These rear pads a distinguished by a double front lip on the side opposite the retaining hole.
I have never done any brake maintenance before so I watched all the Brian Van videos in the Sportbiketrackgear.com Riders Resource section. They were extremely helpful and gave me the confidence to perform these tasks.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Page.bok?template=Riders+Resource

Attachments

Last edited: