Brake light

pauly69

Does anyone know if there is a seperate fuse for the tail/brake light
as yesterday I noticed that the brake light was not working using either brake
i check the bulb but it is still good not sure where the problem is all conections are ok.
Thanks
Pauly

FitZ6R

Does anyone know if there is a seperate fuse for the tail/brake light
as yesterday I noticed that the brake light was not working using either brake
i check the bulb but it is still good not sure where the problem is all conections are ok.
Brake light is the same fuse as the turn signals and horn.

I'd be about 99% sure the bulb is bad, even if it looks OK. Replace with a known good bulb, and carry a spare.

pauly69

Brake light is the same fuse as the turn signals and horn.

I'd be about 99% sure the bulb is bad, even if it looks OK. Replace with a known good bulb, and carry a spare.
Great thanks I guess it must be the bulb or a broken wire because the horn and flashers work fine.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Deanohh

I got this problem too over the weekend. I check the fuse, wires... even look with the volt meter all the way to the socket... everything fine but the tail light work when ever. So I rush to the Yammy dealer, got there 4:45pm last Saturday and they didn't have the light bulb in stock... I was your F(*& joking? I told the guy to order two and I will sell him one ifr he need to.

So as a security precaution... I wired my new turn signal as running light. Kind of look good too. Just one set of rear light never make me safe... for those reason!
Isn't the brake/tail light bulb an ordinary 1157 automotive bulb, or maybe a 1157 heavy duty that you can get at any auto parts store?

While searching through the internet for the correct size I usually came to this thread and it didn't really have an answer for which bulb is for the tail light/brake light of the fz6r. So it's a 7443 in case anyone else can't seem to find that elsewhere.