Brake fluid

I changed my brake fluid today and noticed a big difference in the braking performance.

The colour of the old fluid wasn't that bad or that much darker then new fluid. It was hard to tell the new fluid so I did about 6 full reservoirs to finish my bottle.

I used bel ray super dot 4 so not sure if that makes difference as well.

Brakes now have some initial bite to them and decent stopping force to lock rear tire.

I thought the process was simple for front. Rear I found you needed to take of the cover partially off and remove the reservoir from the holder with 10mm nut so that you can easily access the reservoir. I don't think your able to take off the reservoir cap in the stock location. I also thought my bolt was not tight or almost coming lose.

I have the service manual and didn't see the recommendation to remove reservoir from holder. Not sure if my manual was specific for model without fairing though.

Maybe someone else who changed fluid can comment.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
lol good thing you didnt take my aproach. tale half the bike apart then figure out it was just the side cover lol
Funny I took the seat off first and noticed lots of things covering the top so decided to check the side. Weird looks like could have found a better place but would be harder to see and easier to access.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member