Braided Brake Lines/ Pads/ Sprocket

auniquesoul

Okay I've spent close to 2 hrs searching for info on braided brake lines/ pads/ sprockets. I have 11k miles on my bike, and its about time for me to change my brake pads. Both front and rear

Id like to upgrade my front brake lines to braided lines (gold banjo & yellow lines) and I want the EBC front brake pads, my question is do I need to change the sprocket too?

Also anyone tried the driven rear sprocket? ( i want to get gold) I'm also changing the rear pads just for consistency. Will probably get OEM yahama for the rear with the gold sprocket. thoughts on that?

Sparkxx1

I've heard if you change your chain you should change sprockets, but sprockets a brake lines...no way jose! I recommend you go with speigler OR fren tubo. Actually you just missed a fren tubo group buy on the r6 forums. Sucks but oh well a set of front and rear would have run you only about 140 I think? Depending on what type.

Chucker

Id like to upgrade my front brake lines to braided lines (gold banjo & yellow lines) and I want the EBC front brake pads, my question is do I need to change the sprocket too?
I assume you mean change the rotor? That's only necessary if it is thinner than minimum spec.

auniquesoul

Sucks I missed the group buy. Im not looking to change my chain until riding season is over. Id like a gold one eventually. So I'll change sprockets when I change the chain, got it.

Im most likely going with Galfer lines, I found them cheaper than speigler..since I want gold banjos, both companies add an additional fee for it.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

auniquesoul

Aluminum sprocket should last you about 10K miles or so. That's what I got from my first one. Make sure it has coating all over, no aluminum showing. Those with bare aluminum will last you 5K miles at max... been there. I did order the wrong one thinking it would be no big deal. Always good to change sprocket and chain at the same time so they can share wear pattern and avoid premature wear. Vortex sprocket at - Home - Indysuperbikes is what I use. They have colored chain too. Are you changing your brake pad just because? Those should last 3 time the mileage you have... unless you track the bike or something like that. Get off the brakes and on the gas!:D

Are you keeping stock sprocket ratio? If you keep the stock rear 46T... there's a lot of nice light weight option in steel...

Me and CC got almost the same set up. Vortex 44T with gold nuts. I got the black chain... look sick!

Well I took my bike for an oil changed and was told my pads looked fine, but I had a good 1k more miles of use left. I dont brake too much, and I personally have put 6k miles on the bike in the time I have had it. Since I am changing the brake like I figure I would change the pads at the same time. (read a few threads that suggested it)

I can hold on on the back sprocket and chain, since nothing is wrong with it. And yes, I am keeping stock sprocket ratio. I dont see a need to change it right now.

Marthy your back does look sick!

Eventually I will be painting my rims yellow, so i will consider a black sprocket and chain combo

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

auniquesoul

:confused: Hope your talking about my rear sprocket... :D
DOH, i should have proofed my post...yes was talking about your rear sprocket

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member