Boots

dtrey28

I am curious what you all wear on your feet. I want to be safe but I really loke the look of some of the more "sneaker like" boots that are out there. I have been searching high and low for a pair of black and white Shift Kickers. They are really cool I think they look like old school Jordans. Apparantly though, not only are they out of stock everywhere but they are on backorder with Shift until July! Some deal with how Fox operates apparantly...

Anyway, I did find a shop near my house that had the Shift Fuel boots for 50% off so it was a no brainer to pick them up. ($53) I really like the look of them and they dont feel that much different than a pair of sneakers. So, what what are you rocking?

Detrich

I really like the sneaker look too. But, my friends guilted me into getting a pair of high boots for better protection... :(

So, at their nudging I picked up a pair of these Vega leather sport riding boot on-sale from compacc.com for $85 last week... Rode them out last night for the first time. They fit comfortably and provide good toe, ankle, and shin protection.

Look-wise, I wear them inside my Shift kevlar-enforced riding jeans, and they actually look very sleek and cool... The heavy-padding above the shin doesn't protrude at all, and I really feel like my feet are well-protected.

My only gripe is that they take some getting used to- only because the toe and heel have these plastic reinforced protection guards that make the boot slightly wider than what I'm used to. And, I still haven't gotten used to getting my left foot quickly into and out of the right spot for shifting smoothly... Otherwise, they are a great value for the price I think.

Hope this helps. :)

dtrey28

those things look sweet and super protective. Are they comfortable wearing around?

Here are the ones that I am searching for. I swear I had a pair of Jordan when I was kid that looked just like 'em:

Heineken

Elite Member

Newmason

I just got these S-MX2's by alpinestars a few weeks ago. I love them. They feel great and more importantly make me feel more confident knowing they are protected rather than underprotected by wearing regular boots or shoes!

Bikegirl88

Here are my new boots.

I also have the Icon Bombshell.

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

MikeN02

I'm wearing sneakers on my feet right now, I have everything except boots... I'm still in the process of searching for my shoes... I too like the sneaker look and haven't had any success.

My friend got a deal on the Shift Fuels and they look pretty nice but there's something that aggravates me if I get the same thing as him, as I also had the option of getting the same helmet as him.
Sure everyone will have the same thing eventually, but the thought of seeing them all the time!

I have Helmet, Frank Thomas XTI jacket, Icon Field Armor, Alpine stars gloves, and *NEW* Frank Thomas XTI Mesh Pants.

Those with the full boots, do you think you look weird when you walk around in them? As I don't want to go to the mall or public area and have to drag around heavy boots.

JonKerr

Elite Member

MikeN02

California is known for motorcycles though, as it has a lot of twisties and good roads etc. heck you guys even get to lane split! I was stuck in traffic for an hour and was late for work today... was so tempted to fold my mirrors and lane split!!!

But back to the point, here in the city of orlando you don't see many people as there aren't that many "good" roads.

JonKerr

Elite Member

MikeN02

I guess I'm just not that fashion conscious then. To me, if it's comfortable, keeps me safe, and I don't look like a raving idiot (cough**helmethawk**cough :squid: ) :thumbup: I don't really care. I even wore my gear when I commuted to jury duty for a week. ;)
Somehow... I knew you were going to say that. Something along the lanes of I may look crazy but at least I don't look like a hamburger, or at least I'm safe.

Well thanks for clearing that up for me, though I don't know why newenough.com lists full boots as "racing boots" as they benefit the commuters too.

Now I need to decide which boot... I really like Alpines star as the brand itself... (brand loyalty) but I can't decide if I want water proof or not... Really hate how it just pours down on me and I have wet socks... grossss

bmw675

Detrich

when i wear the Vega racing boots inside my riding jeans, they don't look "booty" at all. in fact, since my jeans are a relaxed fit and go nearly all the way to the heel (ie ground), it actually just looks like i'm wearing black, sporty shoes. i really like that the boots cover and protect my shins. :)

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

NYGirl

I got my GF those for her b-day and she loves them
Ok, they look great, but practically.. can you SHIFT in those??:eek:

I'm a new rider. Haven't bought boots yet because the stores around here seem to sell the clunky looking, lug-soled, harley style riding boots. I'm wearing my Ariat paddock boots (for horse riding). They lace up over the ankle and have a steel shank for support. So far, so good.

Bikegirl88

Ok, they look great, but practically.. can you SHIFT in those??:eek:

I'm a new rider. Haven't bought boots yet because the stores around here seem to sell the clunky looking, lug-soled, harley style riding boots. I'm wearing my Ariat paddock boots (for horse riding). They lace up over the ankle and have a steel shank for support. So far, so good.
The Icons are easier to shift with than my Daytona's and the Daytona's are 3times the price.

The Daytona's are a much better made boot with better protection but the Icon Bomshell boots are very comfy and easy to ride with.

Stay away from laces where possible. Or make sure they are covered.

Last edited: