Boots: shifter positioning

mdgreene2001

In my layman, semi-only-slightly-mechanically-inclined terms:

You adjust where the linkage connects to the bike (at the trans??) There's a hex bolt that connects the linkage to a star shaped connector. Remove the hex, pull the linkage off, and move to desired position. I only had to move mine one "notch" on the star connector and it made a significant difference.
I did that too but 2 notches, still not enough and I don't like how low the shift leaver is now, but I can shift better... I have long legs, I wear 34" inseam pants. It's just a poor design the whole factory rearsets connected to pass foot peg bracket and all. I hardly ever have a passanger and don't really like having one on the back so when i have $550 im going to just delete pass pegs, put full adjustable rear sets on and be comfortable.

Pinarello Rider

In my layman, semi-only-slightly-mechanically-inclined terms:

You adjust where the linkage connects to the bike (at the trans??) There's a hex bolt that connects the linkage to a star shaped connector. Remove the hex, pull the linkage off, and move to desired position. I only had to move mine one "notch" on the star connector and it made a significant difference.
Okay - sounds like I am looking at the wrong place on the bike then. I am looking at the hex bolt that is in the foot shifter mech itself. The adjustment is made higher on the bike, where the long silver connect rod attached to the transmission. Does that sound right? A pic is worth a thousand words here I think... Too bad bike is at home, and I am not there.

mdgreene2001

Okay - sounds like I am looking at the wrong place on the bike then. I am looking at the hex bolt that is in the foot shifter mech itself. The adjustment is made higher on the bike, where the long silver connect rod attached to the transmission. Does that sound right? A pic is worth a thousand words here I think... Too bad bike is at home, and I am not there.
Check out the forum Facebook page I put one up there of mine adjusted

Pinarello Rider

Check out the forum Facebook page I put one up there of mine adjusted
I must be mental - I can't find a Facebook page. I looked, perhaps not in the right places. Do me a solid and post the link in this thread? Thanks!

Cerebus

That's correct. Here, I ran out and snapped a pic...

mdgreene2001

Or as Marthy told me you can also loosen the 8mm nuts on the rod at both ends and twist the rod then tighten. But I think the one bolt for the splined shaft is easier to get to and I don't think there is enough threads on the rod to adjust it enough.

Pinarello Rider

That's freakin' hysterical. I like the red circle with a line through it - leaves no doubt!!

:cheer:

Thanks dude - much appreciated.

mdgreene2001

Here is a picture of mine. Not as good as the one above but mine is moved 2 splines. FYI you must completely remove the bolt to take the splined shaft off.

Last edited: