Boots for us shorter girls

Bikegirl88

So girls what boots do you wear to give you that extra 1/2 inch of height?

Any suggestions?

romprat

I just put heel pads in my current boots (a-stars street), and it gives that extra little lift that I need.

Hope that helps! :D

Bikegirl88

Tabitha

I actually just got a pair of the Icon Bombshell boots (the best b-day present ever!) Anyway, they are super comfy, add about 2.5 inches, I feel totally confident that I have both feet firmly planted on the ground at a stop, AND they look damn sexy both on and off the bike. :D

The only drawback is if you have thicker calves. These boots are not made for women with larger calves they may not fit. I'm not sure how much they will stretch once they are broken in.

Love them! :thumbup:

Attachments

Bikegirl88

The bombshells are great boots

I have a pair of those as well.

ME_with_a_B

I just got a pair of Alpinestars (women's) Stella S-MX 5's this week. They are super comfortable, and gave me the extra 1/2" I needed to be able to put both feet on the ground when I'm stopped with the bike.

Although, for ladies with larger calves, I would recommend the men's S-MX 5's. They're a bit wider, if I read the descriptions correctly.

Insure Gal

I actually just got a pair of the Icon Bombshell boots (the best b-day present ever!) Anyway, they are super comfy, add about 2.5 inches, I feel totally confident that I have both feet firmly planted on the ground at a stop, AND they look damn sexy both on and off the bike. :D

The only drawback is if you have thicker calves. These boots are not made for women with larger calves they may not fit. I'm not sure how much they will stretch once they are broken in.

Love them! :thumbup:
Icon makes an ankle legnth version as well called Hella in tan or black (the 2010 street angle version comes with snazzy red trim)

I was considering the purchase but was wondering what shift control etc would be like with a heel.

Tabitha

The only thing that really took getting use to was the position of my legs while riding. They were a little bit more bent then what I was use to, as I normally rode in sneakers (I know, not so smart).

The shift control doesn't feel any different for me. I can still feel the shift changes through my boot. They feel just as stable as flats when at a stopped. At first I was nervous that my feet would slip off the pegs, but the little arch in the wedge of the heel fits nicely on the peg. It's also nice to have the added leverage when backing into/out of parking spaces.

I have found that the plastic bottom of the heel wears down somewhat faster than what I was expecting, but it's nothing I've had to take to a cobbler to fix yet. Overall, I love them.