Blinkers fuse blew, replaced, now right side not working... halp?

Gunn4r

I got a weird problem that I couldn't quite find an answer to by search that really applied.

I went to get on the bike today to find my horn and signals weren't working. So I checked the fuse and yep it was blown. Not sure how that even happened because the day before when I rode it they were fine. Anyway, so I swapped the fuse, and now the horn and left side blinkers work but the right side don't.

I don't get the dash indicator (though I do for the left side) and the right blinker bulb gets brighter for half a second when I try to engage the signal. It's both the front and rear right side blinks. Also while I'm testing this in neutral the neutral light also kind of flickers for a half a second when I try to engage that right side blinker. Also, the daytime running light for the front blinker is working fine. Just the blinking itself that isn't working.

Again, the left side works dandy. Any ideas? If it was the relay, wouldn't they both not be working? Should I replace the relay anyway to be sure?

What on earth what cause this out of the blue like that? SO weird.

Last edited:

Gunn4r

Alright so I just went and got a new relay and some extra fuses... I poped the new relay into place and the left blinker... worked perfectly. Right blinker, blinked fast for about 2 seconds then blew the fuse. Poped in a new one, same thing. So it definitely isn't the relay, it's something to do with the switch maybe? I am just really kinda shooting in the dark here, I'm not an electrical person.

Gunn4r

Found it! There was part of the wire coming through my fender eliminator that was all crimped up and causing a short. Un kinked it and tada, working fine now.

redwing-2001

feels good to problem solve on your own, huh?
well done.