Black Windscreen Plastic Screws

AngryAnt

Ok, so I put on my new Puig last night, and I thought it still felt loose, so I kept tightening. Yeah, little bugger snapped right off. I just need a single black plastic windscreen screw, anybody that's replaced theirs with different colors or something have any laying around I could buy off of them?

rr_double_rr

Take one of them down to home depot and get aluminum machine screws, it's a fairly common size.

I tried all around the local auto stores and couldn't find one to save my life, but I also didn't go to the stealership. Maybe they would have them. Or eBay.

I went with the aluminum ones because it pops against my painted windscreen, since all the other silver hardware contrasts my raven bike. It may not look right on yours, but just saying.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

rr_double_rr

I thought that the windshield screws were plastic for safety, to pop off if go down, where the metal wouldn't and the screen may shatter.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
That may be but any impact that would cause your screen to shatter would also cause you to have larger concerns than the screen shattering. Like your bones shattering.

Michael Wilson

I ordered the "Puig Anodized Windscreen Screw Kits" from solomotoparts.com. They were $12.14 and they also come with 8 sets so you have two extras :)

bigpish13

The screws I bought @ the hardware store were 39 cents each. Same exact size as the factory except metal. You may want to put the order on hold until you pass by the store, or not. Just a thought.