Black Handle Bars

stroke

So I did it... I took my bars off and painted them black.. Here are the Before and after for those of you who have wondered what this would look like...

Thoughts?

I just added another photo of the bars in flat black

Attachments

Last edited:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
So I did it... I took my bars off and painted them black.. Here are the Before and after for those of you who have wondered what this would look like...

Thoughts?
:thumbup:

Great job, that looks awesome!! Did you put them back in the stock position, or did you play around with that too?

stroke

i got them rolled towards me a little bit more then stock so yea it feels a little more aggresive i have to wait and see how it feels with long term riding.. but as far as around town it feels great

msgirle

I Like it! Looks great! What type of paint did you use and how do you remove the handle bars??? Got a write up?

stroke

i used dupli color semi-gloss black you can get it at an auto store i got it at advanced... the removal of the bars is simple i will do an in depth write up if you want..

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

I know this is off topic of the thread but stroke how do you like the Trojan mirrors? Where did you get them and were they an easy install?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

area

i used dupli color semi-gloss black you can get it at an auto store i got it at advanced... the removal of the bars is simple i will do an in depth write up if you want..
This looks great, how many times did you have to apply it?

stroke

stroke

This looks great, how many times did you have to apply it?
i just did a light base coat to get the bars good and sticky so the rest of the paint would hold good straight to the metal... and then for the flat black ones I just did one solid coat.