Biketoberfest this year?

Bruno

Hello guys, as some of you may know by my posts (Not so many), i'm from Brazil. I usually travel to US on my vacations and this year and going to Florida, in october 16th to spend a week. Recently i found out about this Biketoberfest event in Daytona Beach, which happens 18th to 21st october (I think) and now i'm interested. A friend of mine strongly recommended me to go. What do you guys think? I was going to rent a car, but it would be much nicier if i could rent a sport bike instead (I've never ridden one) or even a FZ6r. Is there bike rental services in the US? The flight destination is Miami and the car is pre-reserved at the airport, i haven't decided if i will go north (Orlando and maybe daytona for this event), south (Key west) or even stay in Miami/Miami beach, it will depend on the weather and my persuasion skill to convince my wife to go to this motorcycle event or amusement parks (Both things she doesn't like)! What about you guys, anyone is going? It would be a opportunity to meet. Any insights appreciated...

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Bruno

Biketoberfest in Daytona is nice if you drive a Harley and get piss ass drunk. Other than that it's over rated. There's no nice road to cruise around there. I went there twice and always stick around the speedway, not the beach.

Orlando if you have kids is cool. Key West is nice but for a big overnight only. Get there early, party like rock star all night then go back the next day. It's a good 4 hrs from MIA. All stop and go... but it's something you want to do once in your life. Other than that... it won't get much better than Miami or South Beach to be honest with you. Especially coming from Brazil... you will feel like home there! LOL

Sucks because I will be out of town that weekend. Doing the 10 hrs race with ALMS at Road Atlanta that weekend. I'm back on Sunday... maybe I can convince my wife to hit down South for the day? I'll let you know.
We did a similar trip last year, the only difference is that we arrived in Miami and drove right away to Orlando (And there we stayed the whole time) and in Miami we spent only one day, in the day we flew back to Brazil.
I know there are many Brazilians in Miami... What i actually don't think is a good thing for me, i like to practice my english and i encourage my wife to do the same (She has a lower english level and she is shy) and when i do this kinda trip, i don't really expect to feel like home anyway... When you say overnight in key west, do you mean it would be a good idea not to sleep during the night? Literally spend the night out and get back to Mia in the next morning? I'm asking cuz i don't think it would be a problem for us, as we do go out untill very late occasionally (Or early, depending on the point of view, if you know what i mean) ...:D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Bruno

I've been looking and the average price for a standard hotel room in Key West and Miami is about the same, starts around $90 + 12,5% taxes (Based on booking.com). Do you think it is expensive? I know in orlando i could find it way cheaper (I did last year)... I already used booking.com in Brazil and no problem...

I'm into: chill out, shopping (I will definitly go to a outlet) and if lucky, have some sunny beach days...

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

2011FZ6R

Last year I met up with Marthy and a few others. This year I'm going the 20th and I'm riding with a few of my buddies from Gainesville to biketoberfest.