Biketober

MikeN02

Was planning on going, anyone going that's out of state? Heard Biketober is having a bike check or something? Registration, License, Helmet, RUI, Insurance? Anyone heard of this?

W

whatever

times are tough maybe they are trying to make money handing out more tickets.

creggur

I usually avoid giantmegacrowdfestivals but a buddy of mine wants to ride down on Saturday so we might go. PM me and we'll see if we can hook up while down there...

A1A

Let me know where your meeting up. I'll try to make it down as well.

creggur

We could just make this the official Biketober on Saturday thread... We usually go to Houligans near Rossmeyer's - I will not get into downtown Daytona for all that madness. Just sayin'...

A1A

Yea, I keep clear of Beach & Main during Bikeweeks or Biketoberfest. I usually hang around the Race Track area. Visit the different Manufactures Tents, check out some race practice and call it a day. Houligans near Rossmeyer's, is that US-1 & I-95?

creggur

Yea, I keep clear of Beach & Main during Bikeweeks or Biketoberfest. I usually hang around the Race Track area. Visit the different Manufactures Tents, check out some race practice and call it a day. Houligans near Rossmeyer's, is that US-1 & I-95?
Yeah, we usually take the ride down US-1 - if this comes together you're more than welcome to ride down with us.

A1A

Sounds good, let me know what time and where to meet up to ride down?

MikeN02

Yeah I mainly just want to check out the tents, like I did at Daytona. Mainly want to see if they have the new Kawasaki out and the new Gixxer on the floor.

creggur

Yeah I mainly just want to check out the tents, like I did at Daytona. Mainly want to see if they have the new Kawasaki out and the new Gixxer on the floor.
Mike, if you've never been before WATCH OUT FOR SNEAKY COPS!!!!

I've seen cops in trucks towing a motorcycle trailer pulling bikes over before. It's insane. And also be careful riding there - the traffic is an absolute nightmare!

@A1A - will do...

MikeN02

Mike, if you've never been before WATCH OUT FOR SNEAKY COPS!!!!

I've seen cops in trucks towing a motorcycle trailer pulling bikes over before. It's insane. And also be careful riding there - the traffic is an absolute nightmare!

@A1A - will do...
Really? Wow... I usually only ride with a big group and I know a couple of cops on bikes were in our group too. 2 of them even lane spitted when we were at a light to get all the way over to the right hand turn lane when they were on the left. Heard that when Daytona bike week comes you can break the law for a whole week or so from a veteran.

Yeah I know traffic is a nightmare, people who drive their cagers instead of bikes and also TONS of bikes and no where to really park.

I'll probably head out tomorrow afternoon.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

A1A

The times they are a hard! Only Can-Am Spyder, Kawasaki and Yamaha are the only manufactures doing any Demo rides at Biketoberfest. I got to sit on the new Yamaha Super Tenere and I'm really impressed with this bike. I got to sit on the new Yamaha FZ8and to me it feels like the FZ6. I got to Demo ride the CanAm Spyder today and can honestly say that its not for me.
Man! That Yamaha Super Tenere is a sweet bike. I really like it a lot.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member