bike wont start, help please?

itbeme91

so i dropped my bike after 6mnths of riding, it was in the fwy going about 30-40mph on an onramp,ironically enough i was going to go return some frame sliders that were given to me which were for the fz6 not fz6r.
damage done was
1.both brakes(lever and one on right foot)
2.right fairing
3.foot peg.
when i fell the bike only slid on the right side and never flipped.

now i think i might have screwed this up in the following:
i turned it on and let it warm up, 140degrees or so.
i rev it a bit and when the rpm's dropped it would turn off.
i did this two times and on the third time it wont turn on anymore.
i just hear/feel a clicking coming from the bottom of my seat.

i hear people stating to change oil/coolant/gasoline when you drop a bike but at the dealer they said it shouldnt be done.

im not mechanically inclined, any guesses on what it can be now that it wont turn on?

i got a HUGE headache out of this. :(

stevet

Unless you see a fluid leak the fluids should be ok and I don't see any reason to change them. You mention a clicking under the seat. Is the battery fully charged enough to crank the engine?

itbeme91

Unless you see a fluid leak the fluids should be ok and I don't see any reason to change them. You mention a clicking under the seat. Is the battery fully charged enough to crank the engine?
idk how to check that but im assuming it does because literally seconds before it would turn on but when i rev'd it a bit like 4k when the rpm dropped it would turn off.
any reason for it dropping and turning off?

MikeN02

so i dropped my bike after 6mnths of riding, it was in the fwy going about 30-40mph on an onramp,ironically enough i was going to go return some frame sliders that were given to me which were for the fz6 not fz6r.
damage done was
1.both brakes(lever and one on right foot)
2.right fairing
3.foot peg.
when i fell the bike only slid on the right side and never flipped.

now i think i might have screwed this up in the following:
i turned it on and let it warm up, 140degrees or so.
i rev it a bit and when the rpm's dropped it would turn off.
i did this two times and on the third time it wont turn on anymore.
i just hear/feel a clicking coming from the bottom of my seat.

i hear people stating to change oil/coolant/gasoline when you drop a bike but at the dealer they said it shouldnt be done.

im not mechanically inclined, any guesses on what it can be now that it wont turn on?

i got a HUGE headache out of this. :(
Fluid changes are really necessary unless you see that you were dripping it or lost some in the accident. Personally I would change it anyways, in my accident I didn't know if I lost any as I high sided and blacked out. My fairings were all trashed and my front was all sorts of damaged. So while I had my fairings off I just changed my oil, but my coolant looks low so I'm going to have to get some more.

Damage you stated isn't that bad, the only thing that is going to cost a lot is the fairing. You should upgrade to after-market levers (probably the Hong Kong ones that people have been getting). I don't know if they're any aftermarket pegs available yet.

If I were you I would have started it back up after the accident, rode it home and just leave it there and recover yourself the next day. Then take everything apart and just check everything. Main thing about this is because if there was a leak, you don't want to keep starting up a bike that is leaking oil or starting a bike that doesn't have any oil at all.

So in this case just take off everything and inspect it.

The clicking on the bottom of your seat sounds like your battery. I can't remember on the FZ6-R which side is which, but one side has the stator and the other is the oil cover. In a low side accident like that the cover are usually rashed, so maybe you hit your stator enough to damage it, and it's only running on battery power at the moment. Bikes stator (alternator) charges the battery above a certain RPM. This is all theory though as you should first charge the battery.

If all else fails take it to a motorcycle shop. NEVER take it to a stealership, in my opinion those are the most expensive places to take your bike into.

Spunky99

idk how to check that but im assuming it does because literally seconds before it would turn on but when i rev'd it a bit like 4k when the rpm dropped it would turn off.
any reason for it dropping and turning off?
Sounds like you have a low battery problem and possibly this was caused by a fuse blowing due to the accident you had.
Pull the battery and get it charged. Look at the fuses and replace any that are blown. All should be fine after that.
Sorry I didn't see your post earlier about the problem as we are so close. Easy to take a look for you if need. PM me with your # and I'll look at the bike. No matter where you take it in LA, you will be paying a ton of $$ because there are a ton of bikers that don't know anything about their bikes and the shops have plenty of work and charge a high rate and aren't going to cut you any slack. I've had my bike apart a ton of times so it isn't a mystery to me.