Bigger rear tire?

Briguy453

Anyone tried the 170/60ZR-17 instead of the 160/60ZR-17? If so, any differences in the twisties? That's my primary concern. Love my twisties and if handling is off i'll stick with the stock sizing.

btastarsky

In my experience with my 170/60, the handling is actually better. Especially considering I went with a Shinko Raven as opposed to the Dunlop Roadsmart. The Raven is a harder tire, but the tread pattern is grippier. In the 700 some odd miles I've logged on it, I feel alot more at ease taking higher speed turns. Also, since the rubber is a harder compound, it should last a bit longer than the original tire. If you want my honest opinion, jump up the the 170/60 once your stocker burns off. You wont be disappointed.

Roaddawg

In my experience with my 170/60, the handling is actually better. Especially considering I went with a Shinko Raven as opposed to the Dunlop Roadsmart. The Raven is a harder tire, but the tread pattern is grippier. In the 700 some odd miles I've logged on it, I feel alot more at ease taking higher speed turns. Also, since the rubber is a harder compound, it should last a bit longer than the original tire. If you want my honest opinion, jump up the the 170/60 once your stocker burns off. You wont be disappointed.
I got the Raven's as well but in the 160. I agree the tire is better than the stock Bridgestone's. Definitely feel better taking curves on them too. I'd like to see a side by side comparison of the Raven's in 170 and 160, or just the same type of tire but in the different sizes.

Briguy453

I think i'm just going to go with the 160. Seems a lot safer bet. But going with the Bridgestone BT016's