Big Ten Fan. Koeppel out for first game after getting clobbered by a CAGER

Back To Reality

I'm a Penn State fan, but I at least like to see Big 10 teams in a National Championship game. I groaned when I saw this Iowa Hawkeye get tagged by a truck.

OK...he was on a moped, but I figured that would just make all your creative replies all the more enjoyable!

Trivial note; I don't have a cam for my bike, but I routinely use a dashcam in my jeep. So far I've only caught a mildly amusing truck tire blowout, and a lot of generally poor drivesmanship. Nothing cool yet. I wish I had remembered to put up my cam last week when I encountered a huge benefit ride that was over 12 miles long.

Here is the video I originally found on Glenn Beck's new website, "The Blaze."

Ouch.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOuvW8rMoGo]YouTube - Police video: Hawkeye Josh Koeppel hit by a truck[/ame]

2w05thletes

Even more reason ANYONE getting on any two wheel vehicle needs a helmet! That fool was lit up for sure.

It brings to mind this ( :banghead: ) that guy hit that truck like it was a wall and BOUNCED off...

But seriously though, glad he's alright.

Krappy

Thanks for posting that. I am a hugh Iowa fan and they are not even talking about it on ESPN so i wouldn't have known it happened. But on the topic i am shocked he got up after that hit!!!

Detrich

he looks ok from the video.... but, he should've worn some gears.

owldaddy

That is the exact reason I just installed those daytime running lamps on the front of my bike. We just blend into the back ground sometimes and don't get seen.

JnT4Life

Good thing he was a young football player thats used to taking hits. Anyone else would still be laying there. I know I would be.

2w05thletes

Yeah, I couldn't believe that he got right up.
I would venture to say that adrenaline had A LOT to do with his immediate rise from the ground. I bet he was hurting like no other a couple of hours later.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

JnT4Life

Oh and the driver of the pick up was cited with 'Failure to Yield'. :spank: I'm not sure it would have been any different if he had killed the guy. Just seems too light a punishment to hit someone on a motorcycle like that.

amg14

Oh and the driver of the pick up was cited with 'Failure to Yield'. :spank: I'm not sure it would have been any different if he had killed the guy. Just seems too light a punishment to hit someone on a motorcycle like that.
failure to yield does seem like a light punishment for what happened however im not sure if there are different laws for motorcycle accidents vs car accidents. idk, just a thought. nevertheless check out the front of that f-150, there is no major damage. trucks never cease to amaze me :confused: .

F

FZ6R_Blue

Ok its not really funny but knowing he's ok watch the point of impact his flip-flop goes about 60ft in the air and lands in front of the cop