Better than Goo Gone

wallerjt217

I know there is a thread for this some where I seen it , but I can't find it. I took the yellow star off my bike, but still have black sticker smudge on it. I have goo gone but it sucks, I have not really put any elbow grease in it, but I want something to take it off easier any suggestions? I appreciate it

travstoll

I know there is a thread for this some where I seen it , but I can't find it. I took the yellow star off my bike, but still have black sticker smudge on it. I have goo gone but it sucks, I have not really put any elbow grease in it, but I want something to take it off easier any suggestions? I appreciate it
this and here?

Heineken

Elite Member

wallerjt217

When I had to remove the warning sticker off my Yamaha Clear Double bubble shield I have use all the options available, all of my patience until I found ...

Appreciate it!!! I knew there was other options I don't feel like scrubbing the crap out of the bike. I had goo gone and took me forever to get the sticker off my gas tank

pyrocpu

I was using Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover: Turtle Wax - Bug & Tar Remover

The best part about it, I think, is that it has the removal properties of Goo be Gone, yet is formulated safe for paint and plastics. It's also readily available at Target, Wal-Mart, etc.

Superfly

I used goo gone for one of the warning labels on the tank just above the fuel filler hole and after wasting 30 mins scraping and working the goo gone it was finally off...That was just for the one small french one...so i left the english one alone (canadian bike) as I started to get worried that i would mark up the finish on the tank...

I have the yellow finish which is nice as you cant see the swirls and marks very well but I have to say if I had the black color I dont think I would try to take these tank labels off...

I also had a product called "goof off" but I was scared it was going to screw the paint on the tank...

I took one french label off of the swing arm and that came right off with little residue...so I got brave and tried a tank one...:rolleyes:

arkkornkid

I've always used Zippo lighter fluid to remove badge/sticker gunk.

just soak a corner of a rag with it and press it onto the stubborn areas and slowly make circles. It'll dissolve just about anything.