Better seat???

travisH3

So I have put about 1500 miles on my 6r since I got a it a month or so ago. I have gotten into this habit of getting on my bike and just riding with no place to go for longer periods of time and after about 40 min on the bike my bum is killing me. Not only that but it feels like the seat is leaning forward so I like slide forward or something and it's not too comfortable if you know what I mean. From searching it looks like people are getting custom seats made. I was wondering what the Yamaha comfort seat was like and if it was worth the $190 bux. Anyone got any ideas. I just don't remember having this issue on my old bike at all. Thanks

Y

yellowfz

Look at bottom of this page (Similar Threads), it has a thread already about gel seat.

travisH3

I already read that, it just said something about airhawk pads, and someone taking their seat to get redone. I haven't really found any info on the comfort seat and I couldn't find anything. I promise you I used the search feature before making this thread. Haha

Lefty

This guy doesn't like it. There's an update in his video description.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIwlViWnJQk]FZ6R Comfort Seat Evaluation - YouTube[/ame]

travisH3

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

travisH3

I may take my seat and see if I can get some qoutes on what it would cost and what they offer for comfort. I was wanting to get a red seat anyways. Haha

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Y

yellowfz

I just went to local cycle shop and got a old seat for donor foam (density close to original) and cut a chunk out of it to top off the seat with, shaped it to my taste, glued in place and add a 1/2" medium density foam as a final topper and reused the original seat cover.
About $20.00 in total.
Did have to make a wire foam cutter (turkey carving knife already had) from some stuff lying around, had battery charger for making heat source.
There are any number of ways to achieve a good seat. :D

Last edited by a moderator: