Bestem T-Box - Top Case

dawg

Does anyone have any feedback on this?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Bestem-T-Box-TBOX-929-BLK-Motorcycle-Scooter/dp/B001O77CMW]Amazon.com: Bestem T-Box TBOX-929-BLK Black 12" X 22" X 16" Motorcycle/Scooter Flat Top Box: Automotive[/ame]

Seems like a reasonable price and the reviews were not bad. Do you think I should give it a try?

Thanks.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dawg

I just installed the top case and here are some pics. Seems to be a perfect size, can fit my helmet with a little extra space to spare. Also tried to fit my laptop bag with no issues.

It comes with wires for a brake light and rear light but not sure how to hook it up. Anyone know how I can hook up the wires?

Attachments

Last edited:

motogp6r

well, if you want the stock brake light and the topcase to both display while pressing brake you will need to splice the brake lights together.
1.so the two wires that have the metal connectors, the metal connectors are to be removed.
2.than open the right side rear cowl where the current brake lights are located within the seat compartment.
3.inside this compartment is a set of wires that looks exactly like the ones with metal connectors from topcase.
4.remove those metal connectors.
5.attach like colored wires together with sodder.
6.replace one metal connector to each soddered wire.
7.place into brakelight harness.
8.then replace the cowl and seat cover.
9.ride long distance with new topcase.
10. post video of that trip.

:D BTW. i havent installed that case personally just a rough idea to help you out.

dawg

Thanks for all the info! Any idea how to hook up the remaining 3 wires for the running lights?

And where are these existing wires/plugs I should be looking for... are they near the back of the drivers seat (right side) or near the tail light?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

dawg

Hey Marthy, thats actually the one I got with all the bling :)

I dont think it has blinkers. I just asked someone at work and they mentioned the green wire is for earth, and then the positive and negative wires. Just not too sure where to plug them in yet.

buzzbomb, I will definitely provide an update once I start riding with it. Not sure how quickly I will get it all wired up... but if and when I do... I'll take some pics.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dawg

Sorry for the delayed response in providing a review. I didn't hookup the wires yet.. been busy installing my new TB exhaust and PCV.

The case is great. I can fit a lot of stuff in it and is really sturdy. I think its the perfect size. For example, today I had my laptop bag, change of clothes, and two pairs of shoes in it.

The lock is also good... some reviews mention that its a little tricky at first which is true... but then you get used to it with no issues at all.

It's also easy to detach from the mount.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dawg

I've been waiting for your review... kind of like the extra lights. Can you fit 2 full size helmets?
Not too sure but I don't think so. I don't have two helmets to try but if I run into a friend who has one I'll try and let you know.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

dawg

How secure is the box, would you leave it on overnight or an afternoon at the mall? Are the hinges exposed (i.e. could someone just pop the hinges and get in)? Is it waterproof? etc..

Seems like a really great price and looks good too.
I haven't tried it in the rain yet but it looks like it would be waterproof.

Hinges are underneath the case and I don't think they can be snapped off without some serious effort. I think it’s really secure but I wouldn't leave it parked in the ghetto... I'm sure someone could get into it if they really tried with a crowbar and a lot of effort/time. I’m not sure if there is a case out there that would be able to hold up to that?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dawg

I used to have "friends in low place" Nothing can't be unlock or open... I never leave valuable in cars or bike. If I do I use my back pack or tank bag and carry it with me at all time.
Yeah I agree. I think this case is probably as secure as it gets but I haven't seen another case to compare it with... this is just based on my own sense of trying to break into it.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

nalacseg

I just installed the top case and here are some pics.
Hey dawg - your case looks great! It is a fantastic deal vs. the more expensive boxes.

What kind of rack did you use to mount the box onto the bike? It says it comes with a "universal" mounting kit, but I have no idea what that means. Thanks!