Best way to transport stuff? (gear)

Fenixgoon

So, I'm taking a uh...lady friend out on FZ6R :thumbup:

I'm not sure what gear she has, so I was going to a bring a full set for her (she' about the same height as me at least) - helmet, gloves, jacket, pants.

i have a decent sized joe rocket backpack that will fit the helmet, gloves, and jacket or pants, but not all four. i was thinking of putting the last item in a sports/duffel bag and sitting it on the passenger seat, holding it down with a cargo net (BikeBandit Cargo Net), and having the hooks on the cargo net slip on/through the rear seat grab rail.

is that a sound idea, or is there a better way? enlighten me FZ6R forums!:bow::bow:

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

nlpyle

Any issues with bungie it on the rear seat? And will bungies work our do you need a net? I'm going on a camping trip and have never tired anything to my rear seat so I have trying to fit everything I need in my hiking bag.

Sparkxx1

I like the net the most. Having the OEM fender also helps loads because it gives you good places to secure it from. If you need I'll show you a picture or two of a helmet strapped to the rear seat. The only problem I've had is it will slide forward just a bit and then its uncomfortable if you're wearing a bookbag at the same time.

redwing-2001

So, I'm taking a uh...lady friend out on FZ6R :thumbup:

I'm not sure what gear she has, so I was going to a bring a full set for her (she' about the same height as me at least) - helmet, gloves, jacket, pants.

i have a decent sized joe rocket backpack that will fit the helmet, gloves, and jacket or pants, but not all four. i was thinking of putting the last item in a sports/duffel bag and sitting it on the passenger seat, holding it down with a cargo net (BikeBandit Cargo Net), and having the hooks on the cargo net slip on/through the rear seat grab rail.

is that a sound idea, or is there a better way? enlighten me FZ6R forums!:bow::bow:
I have used these for the last few years and have yet to find anything better:
ROK Straps - The Ultimate Stretch Strap - HOME

redprodigy35

I recently started rockin one of these.

Basically a lumbar pack with just enough space for a few items. LUMBAR, not fanny, LUMBAR -- LoL!

With some trial and error you can mount it above the passenger seat when your not riding 2 up, by removing the seat and running that straps underneath.

Attachments