best sitting position to avoid discomfort

fz6rowner

I am a beginner rider and FZ6R is my first bike. I had the 1.75" lowering link and 1 inch up & back risers installed to comfortably reach the handlebar. I am 5'8" and my both feet touch the ground when I sit in the front half of the seat, with crotch almost near the gas tank, to gain more confidence at stop signs and traffic lights. During normal driving, I scoot back a little and get into the middle to back half of the seat, away from the gas tank with my back straight. While my lower half and back feels comfortable, my arms feel stretched with very little bend at the elbow. If I try to get my wrist and arms levelled, I am having to lean forward which seems be putting a little pressure on the lower abdomen.

I wanted to ask, what is a more natural and comfortable way to sit on this bike?

bAzRk1

Riding position

Best advice i can give you. Is you are jus gna have to find tht comfy spot for your self every rider has their own preferences. Play around with you seat position handle bar position as well as your shifter position and brake pedal position.

Last edited:

BluePill

There is a forward/backward adjustment at the handlebar clamps. You can also rotate the bars a bit to move them even more. I suggest that you try different positions to get maximum comfort. The seat itself is very hard, so butt comfort requires a custom seat or some kind of seat cover (I use sheepskin) to help on longer rides.

bAzRk1

Im aware of being able to rotate the handle bars. But never new you can move back and forth. Im gna have to look into tht on my 2011

Bert-Aus

Try squeezing the tank between your thighs and hold your posture through your abdomen
You can then stay loose in your upper body and arms

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

davet7469

For me i switch between two positions. Chest resting on the tank trying to put most of my weight there to put less pressure on my back or completely upright with arms extended all the way. Depending on what i'm doing and how long i've been riding. When i have my chest against the tank, i try to straighten my lower back as much as i can. Those are what i've found the best positions for me.