Being a tall, gangly dood...

MustGoFaster

Makes buying a jacket suck. Essentially, I'm a large tall size, and it's pretty rough to find something in that size. I think I found one to fit the bill, though.

Firstgear Mesh Tex Jackets - Competition Accessories

It's mesh, as it's constantly over 100 out here, and it's silver. My helmets gun metal and my bike's copper/black so the coordination of color ain't bad. I'd go black, but black + sun = toasty!.jpg

Anyone else have the curse of being one of them tall, gangly folk?

Last edited:

bleedinblue

Elite Member

BigTank78

Tall Sizes

Jos Rocket makes tall sizes. Check their website, or I've even seen them on Revzilla. I'm 6'3" with a long torso, and I exclusively wear this brand.

danieljardim

Makes buying a jacket suck. Essentially, I'm a large tall size, and it's pretty rough to find something in that size. I think I found one to fit the bill, though.

Firstgear Mesh Tex Jackets - Competition Accessories

It's mesh, as it's constantly over 100 out here, and it's silver. My helmets gun metal and my bike's copper/black so the coordination of color ain't bad. I'd go black, but black + sun = View attachment 26210

Anyone else have the curse of being one of them tall, gangly folk?
I'm tall and big. Was hard to find a jacket. Found mine on leatherup.com. My normal clothing size is 2x or 3x. the jacket that finally fit was a 5xl.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

MustGoFaster

Jos Rocket makes tall sizes. Check their website, or I've even seen them on Revzilla. I'm 6'3" with a long torso, and I exclusively wear this brand.
Yup found the phoenix 5.0 shortly after I posted this. Prolly gonna pull the trigger on it. Still researching a bit.

MustGoFaster

So I ordered this, in a medium. Wifey took the measurements, (she's a bit of a seamstress, amongst other things. XD ) seemed like a solid bet.

9051-1702-joe-rocket-grey-black-white-ufo-2-0-jacket.jpg

Came today via UPS, felt like friggin' Christmas! Man, I am stoked for this gear! (Got some matching Firstgear black/silver gloves) Pull it outta the box, looks beautiful! (I went white, what with the sun being a monstrous calamity which never sleeps.) It was a little loud with all the endorsement patches on it, but I dug it. Tried it on really quick since we had to leave, seemed ok. When we got back tonight, I fastened everything, got it ready, and sat down on the bike. Too. Bloody. Short. In. The. Sleeves. And a bit in the torso. :(

I must say, I'm a bit crushed. I know Joe Rocket makes jackets in tall sizes, but the only ones in mesh/tex I've found is the Phoenix, not the UFO which I really like, and I didn't see white ones on Revzilla... Well, I'ma call them on Monday and see if maybe it's something they can special order. If not, I'll just have to find something else in white that's a medium tall.

In closing, GRRRRRRRRRRRR God-damned being a tall-ass, gangly-ass, Irish mug!!! :soapbox:

Oh well. Guess I'll just have to drown my sorrows in a few Gentleman's Jack manhattans... ;)