bay area meet

joloy133

Sorry for the short notice, but there is a meet on the 14th, Saturday at Blue Rock Springs Golf Course Driving Range lot in Vallejo, 9 am/ish. This started out as a meet to see my altered exhaust. If anyone else wants to see who we are, come on over.

arcflash316

I may be there possibly if I can sneak away from the house while the wife goes to work:) Whats going on just a meeting or is there gonna be a ride somewhere after meeting??

Roaddawg

I may be there possibly if I can sneak away from the house while the wife goes to work:) Whats going on just a meeting or is there gonna be a ride somewhere after meeting??
We were gonna meet up to check out mods and such. We could take a little ride towards Berryessa, like up Wooden Valley Road from Hwy 80 to Hwy 121/Monticello Road down into Napa, since that's closest. Some nice twisties, but a short ride. I know Joloy's gone through there before. I was thinking of heading home that way afterwards. It's always nice to take the long way home.

arcflash316

Cool sounds like I could make it, got simple directions from 80 coming from Sac? Is it off 37 near the Discovery Kingdom?

Roaddawg

Cool sounds like I could make it, got simple directions from 80 coming from Sac? Is it off 37 near the Discovery Kingdom?
Take 80 west to Columbus Parkway east (where SR37 meets). Follow Columbus Parkway towards Benicia. Golf course driving range is on the left. If you get to Lake Herman Road, you've gone too far.

JoshF

Wish i could meet you guys. I am taking 8 hours of lessons this weekend to learn how to ride this puppy. Hope to join you in the future.

JoshF

How was the ride? How many showed up?

Roaddawg

It was a nice short ride up into Napa. Next time we'll have to go up to Lake Berryessa. There's some nice curvy roads to cruise on. Arcflash, GoGreen, Joloy, and myself showed up. Gotta look at each others bikes and mods. We'll have to plan a nice longer ride come this spring time. Maybe March or April. That will give you some time on your bike. How'd your instruction go?

JoshF

The lessons today were great. I spent 4 hours practicing in a parking lot at first then taking it on the roads. Today I was on his nighthawk 250 for the lessons. Tomorrow we use the FZ6R.

I spent a lot of time today riding with the instructor as a passenger on the back. I dodn't realize how easy this is and am a lot more confident about being able to ride with a passenger.

Tomorrow we will practice on SF hills and finish with a ride across the Golden Gate Bridge.

GoGreen09

Man...I need to practice a bit more when I go out with you guys again. I was okay with the curves, until we started going downhill! That was a fun short ride. I really liked hearing arcflash's two bros exhaust. It's big bucks, but I'm really drooling over it! We definitely have to go out for a longer ride! I'm just afraid that when we go next time, arcflash would trade us for the FZ1 family.

arcflash316

don't worry it may be a while before I get my FZ1 or R1 whatever I decide to get at least if its a Yamaha we can still consider each other family;)
Ride was very fun especially those downhill twisties!! Looking forward to any upcoming rides we may have together and maybe I can talk you guys into coming out my direction towards the sierras and ride some mtn roads in my neck of the woods.... Thanks for appreciating all my mods and exhaust, I had a really good time talking and riding with you guys....Keep practicing those clutch-up wheelies and then we can go down the road together all cruising @12 o'clock:D

joloy133

It was really nice to meet everybody, there might even be more riders next time! That was my first group ride and it was fun, actually learned a few things too. Till the next ride....................Happy Holidays!!!!!!

gearhead

If you all plan a ride from Rancho Cordova I'll go along for sure! It's only 2 hours south of me. There's gotta be some riders in the Sacramento area too!

Roaddawg

Man...I need to practice a bit more when I go out with you guys again. I was okay with the curves, until we started going downhill! That was a fun short ride. I really liked hearing arcflash's two bros exhaust. It's big bucks, but I'm really drooling over it! We definitely have to go out for a longer ride! I'm just afraid that when we go next time, arcflash would trade us for the FZ1 family.
That's the first time I've taken that road that aggressive. I've driven that road hundreds of times, but on my bike, I usually just cruise it. The bike did great, but I could really feel the front suspension diving a little more than I'd like, but then again, I don't ride it that way much. Next time, we'll cruise. Arc's 2bros and Joloys exhaust mod sound real good, too. And, next time GoGreen, bring your camera. We could have the first all FZ6R group ride vid.

Last edited: